Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-01-2011, 07:56 PM

The suspension arrived yesterday....however I'm on a training trip a friend of mine picked it up and sent me some teaser pictures

I'll post some better pictures when I get home

Old 04-02-2011, 10:39 AM

Nice PS3!

Hahah parts look good.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Great parts.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Cool, nice stuff,

70 Nova SS street racer, ugly,
Old 04-03-2011, 07:40 AM

love getting new stuff.....looks great!!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:25 PM

I'll be home in two weeks, the car is prepped and ready for the clip I'll try to take a lot of pics of it going in. I can't wait to get it back on the ground.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to find a LS/T56 dropout?

I've been looking at the LSX 376 and 454 I'm not sure which direction to go yet.

I'm open to suggestions
Old 04-03-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymac46 View Post
I'll be home in two weeks, the car is prepped and ready for the clip I'll try to take a lot of pics of it going in. I can't wait to get it back on the ground.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to find a LS/T56 dropout?

I've been looking at the LSX 376 and 454 I'm not sure which direction to go yet.

I'm open to suggestions
They are very different motors. I just bought the lsx454 and it's expensive. But when it's all said and done I'm hoping it all worth it. There is a dealership I talked to in my search that has the Lsx 376 for 4500 shipped if you do wanna go that option. If you want the 454 let me know I know where to get it around 9400..good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostin05blacks View Post
They are very different motors. I just bought the lsx454 and it's expensive. But when it's all said and done I'm hoping it all worth it. There is a dealership I talked to in my search that has the Lsx 376 for 4500 shipped if you do wanna go that option. If you want the 454 let me know I know where to get it around 9400..good luck with whatever you choose.
I've been following you build pretty closely it's coming along nicely.

I'm a complete newb when it comes to LS engines I'm seriously considering a dropout package but I really don't know Which LS to go with.

Due to my short 23 years of knowledge gathering time I've had on this earth I have a limited amount knowledge of engines except for the standard sbc 350.

I've done a lot of reading on lat-g and protouring but I'm still learning any information on an engine I should or should t go with would be helpful

Thanks
Old 04-04-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymac46 View Post
I've been following you build pretty closely it's coming along nicely.

I'm a complete newb when it comes to LS engines I'm seriously considering a dropout package but I really don't know Which LS to go with.

Due to my short 23 years of knowledge gathering time I've had on this earth I have a limited amount knowledge of engines except for the standard sbc 350.

I've done a lot of reading on lat-g and protouring but I'm still learning any information on an engine I should or should t go with would be helpful

Thanks
Thank you. Im only 25 and dont know to much either to be honest. I can tell you this. If you want to go with an lsx 454 youll have somewhere around 500-600 wheel depending on how you set it up, you can make more than 600 but youll be getting into upgrading to a turbo/charger/nos + internals. If you are looking into this motor be prepared to put out around 13-18k depending on your set up..used parts/new, gm parts/aftermarket..ect. There is so many options. I thought very hard about going with a full gto or vette drop out. Pick a part sells them on here for very reasonable prices. You can get a full ls7 w/o tranny for around 10-13k...thats with almost everything you need accesories, ecu, wiring, sensors, brackets, pedal, ect. Or you can go with a complete mast lsx for 13-17k power ranges adjust as you spend more. Just food for thought. The main reason I went with the motor I did is because I like the gm 2 year warrenty and that its all gm. Its going to cost me more in the long run but its the motor that ive dreamt about, Id rather do it once the way I want then do it twice fixing it to my liking due to money. Read my thread there is some great info and knowledge on all of this. Good luck with what ever you choose. Ill be watching.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:39 PM

Im finally home again, I just ordered full length floor boards, and a DSE firewall fill plate.

Tomorrow is the big day, I get to see my AME rearend for the first time tomorrow. I'll post some pics tomorrow of the rearend and hopefully get it installed before my shoulder surgery in 2 weeks.

I still havent decided on a motor, but I will have plenty of time to figure that out while my shoulder is in a sling.