Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-08-2011, 04:05 PM

Mine is being build in a friends garage....does that count?
Old 08-08-2011, 04:09 PM

both of my camaros will be home built from paint/body to engine work/rewire.

AWD 68 Camaro in progress

68 Camaro (Black Spade)
Old 08-20-2011, 07:54 AM

I have been building my 66 GTO in my garage for 4yrs now. I think I am on the 10yr plan. Time is hard to come by these days. That is time at home to work on it. I'm in the sand box for a while. Can't what to get home, so I can finish widening the second wheel tub to fit 345's and the tri-4 link. Building it in my garage has been fun so far, it's good therapy.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:08 AM

you few last ones, we need pics!!!!

G-Body....Like i said, WOW! I love this kind of work and with time i like it more and more and try to make every sub assemblies of my builds better. I realize that as i get a little older (38) my patience is growing and the need to wow the gallery is diminishing and it really comes down to personnal realization and taste.

Doing all that work you doin takes A LOT of time, which is something i have a hard time finding with 3 young little girls and a bad back, but this is where doing it for fun comes into play, if you do it out of love and for yourself, where's the rush??? Its understandable we want them out to enjoy, but not to the detriment of the finished product huh? Looking back on the Camaro, i could have done some stuff differently and prolly better too, but its another one on the list and i have learned again and will again on the next one!

Great job, keep it up its getting there. I like the way you work with steel rod it gave me a few ideas, and i'm still shocked to learn its not chopped!!! Too cool....

On my side of things, i just need to get the exhaust installed ( i try to limit my working under the car cause of my back - i'm on my second surgery and last one is still fresh as of Feb '11) and i'm waiting on my rear shocks (will fit them with the exhaust and tailpipes on to make sure they clear one another) and after that, i have a good one;

Some of you may remember when i first started this build, i was going full bore on PT style and was one of the first to use Air ride (got criticized for it too at beginning) and 345's. I had finally decided to go back to a more traditionnally built car (big and littles big block etc) and had sold all my PT parts to a friend.... Well 5 years later, my car is done, and my friend friend has forwarded on the body and structure of his project, but still no paint and it still requires some work (69 Camaro also but his a hardtop) and life brings changes to him so that he wants out and i committed to buy his whole project and the parts i sold him 5 years ago lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:will y:

My idea is that i would like to put my C6-Z06 brake set up and 19x9 and 20x13 Forgeline (245's and 345 P-zero Assimmetrico) wheels on the car but leave all the rest aside for now (hey, after 5 years without a car, now that i have it done, you aint taking it away from me right away!!!) but i might eventually put in the 6.0L LS and T-56...thinking a turbo set up maybe. I have no plan of keeping his body tough and will flip it out with a spare (built) 454 and th400 i have layin around with either the 9 inch in it or my built 12 bolt in mine depending on buyer's taste for the shell (which is all new steel and has a tri four link in the rear and an Art M front clip (made at home to specs).

This is driving me insane, i have not picked it up yet, i still have debates about doing it....But i said yes so.... For the price, i cant pass it up, but i'm not sure how it will end up. we'll see i guess!! Thats the fun of long term projects, they take you on a tour and have a life all their own!

Ok, you all may go to the bathroom now, i'm done for the day, now to the garage....Lol!

Lead

New for summer '13. My latest find!!

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"

Last edited by Leadfoot1; 08-20-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:09 AM

Oh and yes....Got pics comin'!!

The first pics outside the garage since it came back from paint many moons ago!

Lead.

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"
Old 08-20-2011, 05:38 PM

Let's see those pics on the builds??? I'm not making the progress on my 66 nova, that I would like, I know what ya'll mean about time !!!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:29 PM

I'm making slow but steady progress on my 81 Malibu. Been building a 357 engine and collecting go fast parts and small items to finish it up.

70 Firebird Esprit, 400 TA clone type "The 14 car"
lab-14.com
Old 08-20-2011, 10:22 PM

The malibu looks great John! Hope you are doing well, we need to catch up sometime soon.

1970 Camaro.....on the road someday!
Old 08-23-2011, 12:05 AM

My never ending garage project of 22 years:

Long way to go but with the recent addition of new wheels, tires, and a Tremec T56 Magnum I've spiced up the marriage a bit.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:12 AM

Tell us more on how you like the manual vs before swap!

Really, do you like it, is it more fun in the same car?

Lead.