Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 09-03-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71RS/SS396 View Post
"The Hooker headers are still wedged up in there and I need to figure out my header situation now..."

You might want to try the headers I am using they fit nice and have great ground clearance. They're Sanderson shorties $475. for coated. I can take more pics if needed.
Tim

Good to know thanks. That dual carb setup is pretty badass. What sort of power are you putting down?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:46 PM

Just got a long awaited check from a client and I already spent it before its deposited

Finally ordered some proper Wilwoods...

A TKO600 from kiesler

And Adjustable SPC Upper Control Arms to dial out that positive camber

I need to get all this stuff installed and sorted out before mid september. I'm trying to drive the car from Los Angeles to visit my mother in Montana. Going to drive through yellowstone, salt lake city etc. Should be an incredible adventure. That TKO600 sure will come in handy.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

That's awesome Rogue. What size Wilwoods? 13's?
Money well spent. I like the TKO600!!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Good to know thanks. That dual carb setup is pretty badass. What sort of power are you putting down?
I have no clue about the power output never put it on a dyno,but if you look closely at the pic, it's a six shooter not two fours. By the way you will love the TKO,your car will be completely different to drive on the highway. I have one in my 71 and love it , hell I'm able to knock down 18 mpg @75 mph with a 396 and you can even here the radio over the engine now LOL.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:08 PM

Picked up some new Toyo R888's. My RA1s lasted about 5k miles mixed street/track use... Not bad, not good....

Rear 275/40/17

Upgraded my fronts from a 235 to a 245/40/17. No rubbing lock to lock and in hard cornering yet...

Old 09-11-2009, 12:56 AM

I love this car. The minimalist/classic theme is brilliant.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:36 PM

Did you decide on a dash yet? Man I love this car.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
That's awesome Rogue. What size Wilwoods? 13's?
Money well spent. I like the TKO600!!
13" Wilwoods Front and Rear, blanks, no crossdrilled or slotted. I'm going to track reliability, not for show.... No yellow calipers and shiny crossdrilled rotors here though it did cross my mind. My track friends talked me out of it. Less bling, more focus on functionality, and reliability.

I plan on doing some sort of brake ducting setup using the factory front spoiler and using aftermarket inlets and ducting from the circle track world. For the rears I would have to pull air from the back windows like Scott Mock's car, or setup inlets underneath the car near the front of the leafs perhaps.

Scott's car is a big inspiration to me. Love it.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71RS/SS396 View Post
I have no clue about the power output never put it on a dyno,but if you look closely at the pic, it's a six shooter not two fours. By the way you will love the TKO,your car will be completely different to drive on the highway. I have one in my 71 and love it , hell I'm able to knock down 18 mpg @75 mph with a 396 and you can even here the radio over the engine now LOL.

Oh wow yeah I didn't notice. I'm real excited about the TKO. As much as I love my muncie, I find myself screaming down the highway at 4k RPM all to often and the cops LOVE ME.

I plan on doing a few local trips from LA to Santa Barbara and San Diego to shake the car down before making a big trip up through utah and yellowstone to visit my mother in Montana. I think it'll be a hell of an adventure that I'll remember for a lifetime.

Cars are for driving right?
Old 09-16-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bird View Post
I love this car. The minimalist/classic theme is brilliant.

Thanks just trying to keep it simple and functional. While I love all the aftermarket support we have, I think a lot of cars are overbuilt with fancy parts and never driven like they should be because they end up being too nice.

I'm still kicking the idea of picking up a set of 17" Minilite Replicas to really bring the trans am look into the modern era. I wish I could run the magnetic numbers full time, but they fall off at speeds over 100mph.