Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 09-16-2024, 08:43 PM

So today I was working on my 4 link tabs, and a buddy came over.
So shootin the sh*t we started talking about the windshield, and a few hours later, the metal work is nearly done.
Some sanding, some bondo and primer and itll be ready for paint.
Then ill drop the frame off at the window guy and let the take it from there.
I want to paint it body color before dropping it off for the window to be made and glued in. This way I will know it is got epoxy, primer, paint and plenty of rust and corrosion resistance before the flush mount glass is mounted.
I'm not sure if the ‘red triangle’ needs to be made or not. Currently it is a not so 90 degree corner. I'm guessing the black around the glass will hide the corner. But, it’s something I got to figure out.
Hope you all like the chop, and the rounded window ‘corner’s
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bk2life For This Useful Post:
camcojb (09-16-2024), Goosesdad (09-17-2024), syborg tt (09-17-2024)
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM

So as some of you might remember from my rendering, the door lines aren’t ‘scout’ lines. The scout doors have that inward angled portion on the back.
One of the modifications I wanted to do was suicide doors, and I don’t like how the rear B pillar is on the scout bodies.

Not anytime soon, but my plan is to use my old truck, ‘Alice’ door jambs and flip them side to side and shorten to fit. Peel off the door skins from the scout and modify them to attach to the 2001 doors frame.

This way, itll have inner hinges that are factory reversed for a reverse or suicide opening, just like it came from the factory.

I put the ‘drivers/left side’ door jamb next to the passenger side of Allison to see how much work it will take. I think I need to narrow the door jamb about 4 maybe 5 inches to fit, but, it appears to be a relatively easy modification. I think in a weekend or so I could have the ‘new’ doors hung and functioning. Not fully completed, nor body worked, but able to be opened and closed.

No I won’t be putting the angled lower portion of the door as the scout had, it will be a normal ‘square’ door with rounded lower corners.

Here is a picture for reference.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to bk2life For This Useful Post:
camcojb (Yesterday)