Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I was curious about that. Strange huh?, we save for needing this for retirement yet if we just eat right, exercise moderately, and live stress free (stay outa debt y'all), we will need alot less medical attention.
I grew up in an Italian household, man were my relatives unhealthy. Obese, smokers, drinkers, most of them died off in their 50's. They didn't need healthcare, weird huh? But I dont wanna die in my 50's, i want to see my daughter walk down the aisle, see my grandchildre, know who they are....the things in life that are important....
But modern medicine just saved my 7 year old nephew's life.....
Old 07-30-2013, 12:18 AM

Absolutely, they work some serious miracles.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:50 AM

This may surprise you, it did me.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:02 PM

So, here in the tri-valley, we had a couple of restraunts called "Stacey's", they were owned by the wife of the Dilbert comic creator and he wrote the menu. So there were comments next to each entree, on the spinach salad he commented, "yes, this is the same one Popeye ordered, and dont ever ask him why his forearms were so large"
Old 08-17-2013, 08:11 PM

The China Study continued.......

It's common American philosophy not to trust our government to manage our economy, but have you ever considered that they may not have your best interest in mind in regards to NUTRITION?

What if I was to tell you that the individuals picked for the boards to make nutritional standards weren't highly educated on nutrition and had their pockets lined with special interest money?

It all comes back to greed. Huge players like the American Dairy Council/Beef Council/etc. hire scientists to come to conclusions that fit their business model. They influence boards with money and members.

Bottom line, what we have been programmed to believe is due to special interest, NOT what's best for your long term health.

Don't believe me, look around at the American public. The average American spends double of any other country on health care.

Which leads me to my next point. The medical field and it's problems. Has it ever occurred to you that the health care industry and pharmaceutical companies don't want you to be healthy? How do they earn a paycheck?

Have you considered that your doctor and a majority likely has less knowledge on nutrition than me? Nutrition is a very small part of their education. They are trained to diagnose and fix the problem, not prevent it. Has your doctor every mentioned nutrition? Very few practice this way. I suggest you find one that does.

As always, you have to accept 100% responsibility for your life. Never assume that the government or anybody else for that matter has your best interest in mind. Educate yourself and come to your own conclusion. I can tell you that I spent 35 years eating the typical American diet. I've spent just over a year constantly improving my nutrition. The difference I've experienced is monumental.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:01 PM

Garlic and onions for the win!

Thanks for sharing Todd. Sounds like a GREAT book, all true too, in my research. The western diet is down right horrible for you. Industrialized, genetically modified all for addiction and profit.

And that is why nutrition is just like politics. There is so much special interest propaganda directed at you purely for the profit motive. What better way to get that done by going directly to the top, the federal govt to facilitate the process.

Got Milk? I'm very bothered by all of this propaganda in my kids' schools. Posters everywhere in the gym with milk mustaches. Give me a break! That crap was giving my kids chronic sinus and ear infections for years. Screw the dairy industry and pretty much any and all factory farming industry.

Also noted about healthcare being a huge killer. This is why buying organic is money well spent. Pay a little now, or a whole lot more later.

I'm still wheat/gluten free and dairy free and loving it. I'm down to 152 lbs. At 39 years old this is the best I've felt since high school.

Here's an interview done with the author of Wheat Belly.... let him tell you how bad modern wheat is for you.

BTW, I hope your father in law has a speedy recovery!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:54 PM

Tony, thanks for sharing that video. While I don't agree with it being the real cause of weight gain in America(Definite Contributor), the talk of the opiates derived from the amino acids in modern wheat is an eye opener! I have you to thank for changing my wheat intake. I've found a couple sources that I get a majority of my wheat from these days and they are both non GMO.

We eat Dave's killer bread: http://www.daveskillerbread.com/kill...omparison.html

For cereal and granola which I enjoy with fruits or almond milk I eat Nature's Path: http://us.naturespath.com/our-produc..._new_value=All

When I eat at whole foods which is almost daily at lunch, I'll choose a rice or quinoa most days and avoid corn in my salad.

You nailed it with it's like politics. I always say it's just like religion and politics. Many, many wrong voices influenced by money or shooting from the hip. I was listening to a personal development CD today and he gave some good advice. You can listen to someone that has lost the weight and kept it off or professionals with the right ideals, but you need to ignore the fad dieters and those influenced by special interests. It has taken some serious study to get my nutrition and health on this level. This thread has some real life changing information.

Today, my financial advisor called to let me know that my results were back from my blood test and examination. The required it for the recent increase to my life insurance policy. He said I'm top tier. So high in fact, they wanted to offer me an additional $150,000. He said it's about 2% or 2 out of 100 that gets this offer from Northwestern mutual.

Kelli's dad is out of the hospital and back to a pretty normal life. They ended up putting in a permanent shunt that drains to his abdomen. Thanks for asking...
Old 08-22-2013, 09:32 AM

According to him, it's the Gliadin in the Wheat Gluten that's causing all the problems.

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/0...liadin-effect/

So if Glidadin is still in "non-GMO" wheat, which I think it is, then it would still effect your body.

But, if I can remember correctly, GMO wheat has not been approved by the USDA. (like GMO corn has) So marketing a "GMO free" wheat might be sort of deceptive.

Just a couple of thoughts on the issue..
Old 08-22-2013, 11:08 AM

Great news on the blood work and life insurance Todd. Nice when healthy decisions can literally reward you financially.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 08-22-2013, 11:47 AM

And yeah, thanks for the reminder... I"m about to start biking to work so I better get my policy back in place! LOL