Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 02-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,079 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer69 View Post
Just hired another bunch of Employees and have contracted to add the same number every month going forward. Bastards better work!!!

I just had a meeting with my guy , transfered all the wifes -2% return last year to my guy who gave me 20.7% last year. actually he said i had the 4th highest performing account at their firm last year obviously as a precentage not cold hard bucks. to bad there wasn't millions in the account. My compound anual return since 2001 has been 10.5% and the total return from 2001 has been 176%
so I don't think I will change much lol
AWESOME!!!

Fantastic total return! That's how it's done right there buddy!

I will give Anita major grief for being such a slacker manager!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer69 View Post
Just hired another bunch of Employees and have contracted to add the same number every month going forward. Bastards better work!!!

I just had a meeting with my guy , transfered all the wifes -2% return last year to my guy who gave me 20.7% last year. actually he said i had the 4th highest performing account at their firm last year obviously as a precentage not cold hard bucks. to bad there wasn't millions in the account. My compound anual return since 2001 has been 10.5% and the total return from 2001 has been 176%
so I don't think I will change much lol

Great Job... I hired some more Killer employees the other day..Added to some i already had. They are hard workers.

You have done well..

Oh, and do you work for speed tech ?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarguy09 View Post
Great Job... I hired some more Killer employees the other day..Added to some i already had. They are hard workers.

You have done well..

Oh, and do you work for speed tech ?

No -- he's the lazy ass owner.... EH!

Old 02-01-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post

LMAO i am getting all my EMPLOYEES to do the heavy lifting
Old 02-01-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post

The owner ... Well I don't want to highjack the thread , by my investments paid for speed tech coil overs and other goodies.. the car has never handled so good. .Really Nice, but I digress... Sorry...

I did do some housecleaning, and adding... I think 2012 will be a great year for some..
Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarguy09 View Post
my investments paid for speed tech coil overs and other goodies.. the car has never handled so good. .Really Nice, but I digress... Sorry...
My twist on this - Comfortably funding our car habits is somewhat the common objective and goal of the thread.

That said, Greg's advice hasn't exactly helped Blake and SpeedTech since I've had this little Devil on my shoulder for a year or so that kept urging me to buy their Track Time package........but now a good portion of that play money is positioned to return a current average of 5.13% in annual dividends.

No worries Blake it will come your way, you've earned my business when the time is right. Until then I'll do my best to promote SpeedTech in my little backwoods network.

Without a doubt this is the best thread I've ever participated in.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
My twist on this - Comfortably funding our car habits is somewhat the common objective and goal of the thread.

That said, Greg's advice hasn't exactly helped Blake and SpeedTech since I've had this little Devil on my shoulder for a year or so that kept urging me to buy their Track Time package........but now a good portion of that play money is positioned to return a current average of 5.13% in annual dividends.

No worries Blake it will come your way, you've earned my business when the time is right. Until then I'll do my best to promote SpeedTech in my little backwoods network.

But ===== maybe you'll have so many capital gains that when you do buy - you'll get his new floater rear end set up in addition to the Track Time package -- so then he'll be as happy as a little Canuck could be!!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post

I feel you, and I had to shut the little guy up on my shoulder..

Sure that 30K I just spent on a Sunday toy could be making me more money, but I have to enjoy some while I can.

First off, I have medical issues, so dying with a large Portfolio is going to suck, but I will never spend myself into the poor house, so money will be left after I am gone, and two, I have projected my Portfolio out to 85, and I am 52 now, so the spending is all good, and disposable money.

But I do feel you...Money sitting in the garage is not working..

But since I can get at least 30K for my car, and more, I did not lose money..
Old 02-02-2012, 12:28 AM

Just ran a conservative scenario in the Schwab's retirement planner without my wifes current income or retirement, factoring retirement age of 65, life expectancy of 80..........it's projecting a surplus of $439,000. Didn't factor inexpected emergencies, though there's other assets and revenue that aren't factored. I'll definitely sleep a little better tonight.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:41 AM

Greg, what's your take on the Facebook IPO? I don't want to get off topic but is that something a newbie should consider buying given the recent expectations of the company? Would parking say $2000 in Facebook be a good idea. I know you've explained that good growth and a decent dividend are key but how should we approach IPO as investors?