Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolter View Post
The real question is.......will these guys redeem themselves and bring back thier good name or continue beating this dead horse.
My wife said Im too patient. I told her that is a quality she should be happy I have. Lol.
I applaud your patience very much.
If it were me,......I wouldn't let the seller get a second chance. But,...that's just me. lol
As for True Forged wheels, I see and read nothing but great things about them on SVTperformance, which I know was brought up already. I know quality is quality, but it is human to error and I "assume" that human error was the case in the quality inspection.
I hope you get your problem solved soon. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:06 PM

I'm burning another vacation day tomorrow to get the tires unmounted and shipped back. Please understand guys (Ron ), Walmart and Tire World are the only places around here that does this sort of work on the weekend and I don't trust them with these wheels. So, I have to take a day off to do this on a weekday because the place I trust isn't open on Saturday. I would rather have spent that time with my kids on their Christmas vacation. Oh well.

They are going to make another stab at this. We'll see what happens and how long it takes.

David
Old 09-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Kinda strange since a lot of these wheels names are all made by the same manufacture. Did you just send the centers back to be rebuilt. Did they just re use them and open the center bore than bead blast ur centers instead of chemical strip them like they should be done. I would of charged the card back

Build Link 68 Camaro
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=16865
Old 09-26-2013, 11:25 PM

Swain, I am really digging the new G series wheels.. I might have to pick up a set I have you steering wheels in all 3 of my old school cars
Old 09-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
Swain, I am really digging the new G series wheels.. I might have to pick up a set I have you steering wheels in all 3 of my old school cars

Awesome let me know and I'll get you a great deal. Send me interior shots if you have them. Looking for new pictures for our new catalog

Build Link 68 Camaro
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=16865
Old 09-26-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
Nitro! you're right! I have never looked at their rims!!!!! DAMN those are cool, well done Mr Swain
Bangshift Stories
I’m not the smartest guy at the track … but when he goes home … I’m still there testing, tuning, learning & getting faster.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:52 AM

SVTP has good things to say but a local Houston board member went through hell on the wheels he got for his project. I know it took months to get them right.
1992 Corvette ZR-1
2021 Ford F250 Tremor
Old 09-27-2013, 07:14 AM

The loss of work stinks, and the loss of sleep, and the loss of time. But the one thing that really aggrevates me is the unfullfilled promises each time a mistake was made. I was promised a better price because I found the huge discount (tax sale) over on SVTPerformance which was going on long after I was quoted the price. When it came right down to it instead they decided they wasn't going to charge me extra for custom paint. Which was suppose to be covered under the original quoted price. 'Don't worry Dave......we'll take care of you!'. Then I was promised some real nice long open end locking lug nuts as an added bonus for my next frustration. For some reason I recall something said about Gorilla. 'Don't worry Dave......we'll take care of you!' Instead they sent me some short standard opened end lug nuts......cheap and cheesy. Then I was promised new wheel hardware if I was going to assemble the centers myself. The next set of centers came without hardware. Was told to reuse the original which may be fine but that wasn't what I was promised.

Then there is my loss of work. 2 burned vacation days worth double time equates to over $900 in lost benefits. If I knew I was moving forward it would be a non issue.......but here we are. Lol.

Im sure I'll think of more but as insignificant and silly as these things are......they were promised none the less.

David

Last edited by Stovebolter; 09-27-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:02 AM

For time line purposes, the RMA's for the wheels are complete, boxes labeled, and sitting at our FedEx Ground terminal at this time. I just dropped them off with the manager.

David
Old 10-01-2013, 09:26 AM

David,
I hope this gets resolved for you soon. You have some serious patience bro.
Not sure why you feel like you owe this guy 1 more shot like 4 shots ago though. FETorino just got his set of Formula43 wheels in 4-5 weeks including shipping! I would give this guy a week than I would leave the wheels there and get my money back.

This guy is killing your family time by having you blow vaction time to mount tires 10 times. jeez

Good luck
John
Closed Thread