Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 09-15-2012, 05:02 PM

Default 67 camaro rear suspension

I am to the point where I need to decide my rear suspension. I have already mini tubbed the rear. I have stock subframe fully welded, quick ratio box and tubular control arms.
My main question is what makes a 4 link handle and ride good. Checkered Racing makes a weld in four link but I can not find any reviews on them. I was thinking the sway bar and adjustable coilovers they offer as a upgrade would be a must. Is this setup suitable for dd and occasional track days?
This is my first pro touring build and any advice will be much appreciated.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:26 PM

Dont waste your money on checkered racing.(Junk)The ride tech 4 bar is an awesome set up.Easy to install and works great.DSE quad link is an awesome set up as well.A little more work to install.Speed tech Torque arm is an other Set up that works.About the work to install DSE unit.I am a DSE and Ride Tech dealer.PM me with any of your needs.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:14 PM

Is their suspension geometry not setup for dd or autocross?
I guess what I am asking is what makes their product inferior? I don't have to have the best of the best but I also only want to do it once.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Supporting Vendor

Hi Mark,
The Checkered Racing components are more drag race/street rod oriented and will require extensive welding and modification to your floor.

We offer a triangulated four link system that requires no modifications and very little welding. It also locates off mounting points that are already in the car so installation is fairly straightforward yeilding lower labor costs. There are options for two different anti-roll bars and it works great for the type of driving you describe! Check it out HERE. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call us direct or one of our many dealers here on Lat-G.