Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 02-06-2007, 04:20 PM

Default what wheels to buy

Ok ive decided on a look i want, but i cant seem to figure out what brands offer it, and which are the right ones to get...

im looking for a mesh wheel like boze/ze mesh, with grey center... but there are others out there... fikse, kinesis... and a bunch i dont know of.. but which ones are reasonably priced, and sill look hi-end ???

size wise im looking at 18x8 and 18x9
Old 02-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Supporting Member

IMO, reasonably priced is Boze/Ze and Bunik. There are others but these two are my favorite mid priced wheels.

The latter choices you mentioned are more expensive like HRE, DPE, Fiske, ForgeLine, ect. Kinesis has closed (bought out) I believe.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:46 PM

We are distributors and can hook you up with great deals on Boze / ZE, or Forgeline. All are great wheels. We have Forgelines with additional $250 savings (in addition to our already great pricing) on coated wheels through the month of February.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:00 PM

We can help you out also on Boze forged and Budnik along with many others in the mesh style. You can see them on our web sight at www.paradiseroadrc.com
We have great prices on all our wheel lines.
Thanks Tim
Old 02-06-2007, 09:21 PM

When you see the pictures I post tomorrow of my new Forgeline wheels your decision will be made.. lol

Seriously, I opened the box and became dehydraded from all the drooling.. lol

See Bad Penny run the cones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GUPPIX-92U

1971 Chevelle Wagon - Roadster Shop Chassis ProCharged Shafiroff LS and lots of yada yada

1968 Camaro - Project Track Rat - 440 RHS LS
Old 02-06-2007, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms
We are distributors and can hook you up with great deals on Boze / ZE, or Forgeline. All are great wheels. We have Forgelines with additional $250 savings (in addition to our already great pricing) on coated wheels through the month of February.
Yeah I may be going this route with you, just have to total up the costs on the rebuild.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:26 AM

What is most important, is get what you want. There are alot of wheels out there to choose from. Do some research on all the above mentioned lines, check out their websites, and good luck with your search. All of the above mentioned as well as Intro wheels, Asanti, and ID luxory (made by Intro) do grey center mesh designs. After you've found what you want, let the sharks go to town trying to quote you the best deal, and go with the dealer who you are the most comfortable dealing with. Good luck,

Last edited by DriverzInc; 02-07-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverzInc
What is most important, is get what you want. There are alot of wheels out there to choose from. Do some research on all the above mentioned lines, check out their websites, and good luck with your search. All of the above mentioned as well as Intro wheels, Asanti, and ID luxory (made by Intro) do grey center mesh designs. After you've found what you want, let the sharks go to town trying to quote you the best deal, and go with the dealer who you are the most comfortable dealing with. Good luck,
lol, yeah, that would work.. the most important thing though is to get it right the first time...
Old 02-07-2007, 06:57 AM

Just a word to the wise, depending on your backspace, if it is in the 5" to 6" backspace, which it will be if it is a Camaro, or in your case a Milibu or other popular old muscle car that will require that backspace, please know that we sold Forgeline completely out rims shells to build these offsets, and there is a extended delivery time until they can recoup. I do have reservations on enough shells to do a set of WC3s (which is the Mesh style), but if you want a Premiere wheel, it is going to be a while. Also, if you are protecting your budget, look at Boze which are really a great bargain if you buy the Boze version. They also offer that wheel in ZE version in a 3 piece which is equal to Forgeline pricing and very similar.

We just ordered Rubes a set of the Boze Mesh wheels. Powder coated centers and polished lips. So I am sure he wil post some pics soon.

We also just ordered a set of WC3s for a Buick Grand National that will be ready in a couple weeks, so we can see how they fit and look since it is also a G body. We used proven backspacing off Bill Howells malibu.

Last edited by ProdigyCustoms; 02-07-2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:29 PM

As promised.. Forgeline WC3's with the gunmetal centers and titanium bolts..

See Bad Penny run the cones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GUPPIX-92U

1971 Chevelle Wagon - Roadster Shop Chassis ProCharged Shafiroff LS and lots of yada yada

1968 Camaro - Project Track Rat - 440 RHS LS