Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Cooling: Radiators/Fans/Controllers
User Name
Password

Old 03-23-2008, 09:07 AM

Default BBC Water Pump

I bought a Gen VI 502 that was complete with an electric water pump. I sold the electric pump and now I am looking for a mechanical pump. I have never bought a water pump before, so I don't have a clue if brand maters, short/ tall matter. What is the difference between short and tall pumps. This is going to be a street/show car with a pro-touring theme. Please help me out guys I am clueless.

Thanks Dustin
Old 03-23-2008, 09:31 AM

It depends on what you are going to do with the pulley system, I would go with a Vintage Air Front Runner set up and it comes with the pump so you dont need to find one. Billet Specialties also has a system and they come with the pump as well. Let me know if you are interested as I carry both of them and can ship one out to you.

here is a Vintage Air article we did up here https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...ghlight=fesler this was on a 454 ram jet but will work the same for what you have and it shows the water pump. Good luck

Last edited by fesler; 03-23-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fesler View Post
It depends on what you are going to do with the pulley system, I would go with a Vintage Air Front Runner set up and it comes with the pump so you dont need to find one. Billet Specialties also has a system and they come with the pump as well. Let me know if you are interested as I carry both of them and can ship one out to you.

here is a Vintage Air article we did up here https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...ghlight=fesler this was on a 454 ram jet but will work the same for what you have and it shows the water pump. Good luck
Can you pm me with a price on the Vintage setup and the Billet Specialties.