Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 06-14-2014, 09:13 PM

Default 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Post Two Door

I know this is not exactly the shoebox crowd around here but I thought I would see if anyone might have some input. I have a 1957 Bel Air that has to go.

It started off as a six cylinder, 150 complete car about 17 years ago. At that point it was torn down with the body separated from the frame and every nut and bolt gone through.

The frame was cleaned and painted. It is mostly stock as far as I know. I believe it has McGaughys drop spindles up front.

The body was sanded down all rust was repaired and the car went through the entire primer and paint process. It is now a very nice blue.

Most of the remaining parts needed that are not already installed on the car are purchased and waiting for use.

The engine has never been fired up. It is new. It is a mildly built SBC 350 with a TH350 transmission. There are zero miles on this car since its rebuild.

The underside and frame of this car are spotless. The exhaust is custom built with a lot of hours in it. After completion of the pipes it was coated by Jet-Hot.

The interior is the only thing really missing. I do have the original houndstooth back bench seat.

I have all the trim for the car including the remaining Bel Air trim and other trim.

I realize the pictures are not the best but it is what I could do since the car cannot be moved without a couple friends to help. I know it is also a bit dusty, it has been sitting in a garage for some time. It was a father-son project where the father lost interest in it and then some.

Thank you for any input or guidance.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:29 PM

I thought I would put in my .02 ,,,

my thoughts are it needs to be running , if it is at least running to where someone could hear the motor that will make a huge difference in price as to what you will get for it in the end, doesn't really need to go down the road just fire up and idle.

if you are going to put it on craigslist to try and sell take advantage of ALL 24 pics they let you put on there, remember a picture is worth a thousand words or maybe another few thousand $$$

what its worth is another story, there are 57's on fleabay but you have to save the auction and see what the end bid was, don't go by what they are asking, go by what the final bid or sell price was then you have a start to what to ask, I haven't had a 57 in a long long time, so I couldn't tell you what to ask, most likely you wont get what you put in it , but I will say the cleaner it is and the better it runs you will get more , hope this helps, Jim