Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 10:01 AM

Default dishonest vendor in NY.. CK-Performance

i really hate to write this post but my patience is worn down along with my trust in overseas (US) buisnesses. I bought a full manual valvebody AOD/GM hybrid for my hot rod from a company in new york.. i payed 4300 dollars for the whole setup, tranny rated at 900Hp with ford motorsports gearsets, custom converter, gate shifter, calibrated spedo drive, PU tranny mount, shifter cable, cooling lines (.an) billet yoke, custom dipstick tube, deep pan, hardened shafts and so on...

i ordered it in august and upon recieving full payment he did nothing... i have finally recieved the tranny and converter. but all the rest of the parts are missing and now he doesnt return any of my phonecalls, and when i finally get him on the phone he tells me that hell send it right away.. but its now november and still no parts..

should i accept that he shafted me for 1000 bucks, ro could anyone in the area drop by and politely inquire where my parts are??
Old 11-06-2006, 10:41 AM

sorry that your having problems with that vendor, what i hear people have done in the past is if you bought it with a credit card i would file a dispute with your credit card at least mkaybe you can recoup something..
Old 11-06-2006, 10:55 AM

That is totally wrong. If, I got taken for $1000.00 I would be furious. I would be trying extremly hard to get my money back or to have the situation resolved today. No more waiting.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Sorry to hear that. And I was about to send them dealer info, so thanks for the heads up. Best case scenario, they did not return your calls because they were at SEMA. So try again this week. Only this time, leave a message stating that you have someone local who will be coming by to pick up the rest of your order. Call back ASAP or else.

Looks like CK is about 70 miles away. I'll take care of it from there. Should be fun!

Ridetech.com
Old 11-06-2006, 12:31 PM

That is definitely wrong! Is this the place http://www.ckperformance.com/index.html

1969 Camaro - LS2/4L70E
Old 11-06-2006, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfytr68
Only this time, leave a message stating that you have someone local who will be coming by to pick up the rest of your order. Call back ASAP or else.

Looks like CK is about 70 miles away. I'll take care of it from there. Should be fun!
Oh man, your not going to send over Charlie Tuna are you????? It took him what, 7 days to get your Shrifter stolen last year from SEMA back to you?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketrod
That is definitely wrong! Is this the place http://www.ckperformance.com/index.html
that is the place! when i got a hold of him he said to have the shipping company swing by him and pick up replacement parts... but that is like wiped from the guys memory... he claims that the remaining parts have somehow disappeaed from the time of the parts leaving his door and till the shipping company logged 2 items (tranny and converter) , which i asume the driver did upon picking up the transmission..

and SS i am indeed furious, but being 4000 miles away its a little like yelling at the clouds to stop raining... im still getting wet no matter what
Old 11-07-2006, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfytr68
Sorry to hear that. And I was about to send them dealer info, so thanks for the heads up. Best case scenario, they did not return your calls because they were at SEMA. So try again this week. Only this time, leave a message stating that you have someone local who will be coming by to pick up the rest of your order. Call back ASAP or else.

with the regards to the pick up... i have a company called DFDS freight on standby to pick up the parts... its just that he claims that the parts have been shipped, even when the DFDS log shows two items being picked up, and not nine...

but any help will be greatly appreciated..

btw, is it possible to swap in an electronic valvebody in the aod, and use a shrifter??
Old 11-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Supporting Member

How long has this company been around?

Every detail given in this topic reminds me very much of the "RPM DragRacing" fiasco about a year ago, right down to the location. Is "Frank" up to his old tricks again? I came about 1-paycheck away from getting ripped of for ~$3,000 by that A-hole

Last edited by Derek69SS; 11-07-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:17 AM

Oh no, I hope it's not Frank. I have all of his personal info if it is indeed him and someone wants to take action. I even have pictures. Last year he was the only name in my black book....this is all sounding way too familiar.