Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-08-2018, 09:33 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraman1 View Post
I am deeply saddened to hear all of this Greg. I was living vicariously through you to a certain extent watching this car get built and flogged on the track. In the videos I noticed smoke billowing through the cab and thought it must just be race car ****. You and Aaron are my heroes in many ways persevering through devastating health issues and living your dream to the extent that you still can. I am so sorry that this dream didn't work out the way you planned and that you wound up with much less than you paid for.

Thank you. But seriously guys --- this is not about the cost to me -- I've got half what Lillard has, and that makes me a rich man. My friends here aren't so lucky. They work hard for their money - and building this crap is hard enough and takes too long -- then to also be screwed on parts and months of waiting.

How does a man live with himself doing this? I've never understood why they don't think this is wrong - or that they won't be "caught". You rob Peter to pay Paul..... you end up with a sore peter.

I've had a couple short mails from him --- and there's ZERO ownership. He's so sick in the head that he still thinks this is ONLY about the Beast!! What?!?!?! REALLY!?!?!?

I think he used me as a pawn to dupe everyone else. Now I wonder how many of the parts on my car -- you all paid for by not getting your stuff..... But he knew he HAD to do right by me -- or he'd be staring at what has now come his way.

Again -- I'm absolutely sick over this. Literally! I feel I'm responsible..... but then all these folks are PM'ing me their stories ---- and I think ---- For christ's sake -- why didn't you say something!!! But we all know - hope is eternal.

I HOPE he mans up -- comes clean --- and starts over. Just like rehab.... you can get a second chance. But I also agree with others that say a Leopard doesn't change it's spots. I think that is probably closer to the truth.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Foster View Post
seems this is now taken out of context.
it was posted a while back and was in reference to all the joking and funny **** that was being talked about. reposting it now was not the intent of the original comment.
I know that but it seemed to have aged appropriately. It was merely a rogering and nothing meant by it.

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 08-08-2018, 10:49 PM

Sorry this happened to you Greg.

He wouldn't have been my first choice in car builder. But, the last time I recommended someone other than him on this site I was called a FanBoi and chastised by many people that were sucking on Sutton's teat. I wonder what that response would be met with today?!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chetly For This Useful Post:
Che70velle (08-14-2018), DBasher (08-08-2018), GregWeld (08-08-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 10:53 PM

Default Buyer beware!

Now --- Let's be clear here -- it's a race car.... and I'm really not all that upset with the body stuff -- I just wanted to document for others -- what they can expect for their money should they decide to take the plunge.

Enjoy! I know I did!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
gofastwclass (08-09-2018), jarhead (08-09-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 11:05 PM

I usually try and live by something I heard along time ago; Not my pig, not my farm. It’s helped me stay away from quite a bit of bull**** though the years...unfortunately I’ve also had it drilled into my head, When you see something, say something. So I’m going to say something.

The car in pictures and out on track looks great, no doubt. But seeing the car for the first time Friday was a huge shock and honestly a big disappointment. It took one 5 minute walk around to realize this wasn’t going to be a car Weld or Ron could “show off” and be proud of. How could you be?
No bodywork, sanding scratches seen through the wrap, wrap joints that overlapped and created a darker yellow, the wrap pulled so tight in areas that it created a different shade of yellow, the windows that don’t lay in correct and have a bulge or deformed area, taillights that look like they’re held in with a screw, maybe two and shake when the car moves....and the hood stripes that are so in your face crooked...it’s embarrassing. Ron should be embarrassed to let this quality, or lack of, ever leave a shop.
You’ll notice I didn’t say anything about the gaps or alignment of panels. It’s a race car and everyone understands that...that being said, I’ve seen farm equipment with better panel fitment.
The body is a wreck and a HS auto shop could have done a better job putting it together.

Now on to the problems. I don’t know anything about LS motors so I can’t and won’t comment on the “breather blow by”....F it, yes I will. Dude, that’s not blow by, that’s a motor losing half a quart of oil in 4 minutes of hard charging on track...#becauseracecar? I don’t think so. The clean up wasn’t a quick wipe down it was more like a FEMA response team in Valdez Alaska. All over the freshly coated exhaust, on the floor inside the car...that bitch puked like a freshman at senior prom...every time out! Maybe we should check the valve cover gaskets...again. Fawk man!

The cooling issues. Again I don’t know anything other than what I’ve read...and what Ron has posted. To recap some of the threads- Air comes in the front and exits out....well if you’ve paid attention or been to any track event to dump the engine bay heat you go out the front fenders or put vents in the hood. On this turd, where is the air exiting? Ron posted that the engine bay “is really hot” ya think? It’s not vented anywhere. An air to fluid heat exchange doesn’t work unless you’re actually moving air, think about it.

The only other issue I’ve got, from what I saw, was the complete lack of accountability from Ron. Instead of owning the faults the buck was and still is being passed. It’s been implied that Welds crew (aka friends) were the reason for the thread taking a turn. Nah dude, the car being built and mismanaged poorly is why all of this is coming out. Sad really.

Last edited by DBasher; 08-09-2018 at 12:20 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DBasher For This Useful Post:
96z28ss (08-09-2018), FETorino (08-08-2018), Greg from Aus (08-10-2018), shelteredV (08-12-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
It’s been implied that Welds crew (aka friends) were the reason for the thread taking a turn. Nah dude, the car being built and mismanaged poorly is why all of this is coming out. Sad really.
I hope that's not being said. We saw the car in person. This had to be addressed sooner than later.
Yes Weld had a few of his friends at the track. $hit we were excited to see it. I personally walked around the car and was like WTF. First thing I noticed was the bad wrap job. Then it was the stripes not being straight and the right side stripe covering the peak. After everyone left on Sunday we took a tape measure to see if it was the stripe or the peak was wrong. It was the stripes.

The car had issues all weekend. However we put chairs outside the shop and sat around in between every session. We let Ron's team do all the work and made sure to stay out of his way.
It was hard to just sit around and watch the guys do the same thing over and over. The same issues over and over.

Watch the August 4th track video on Youtube. Look and the passenger side floor notice the color at the start of the video. Look at all the electronics on that side. Fast forward to the 6 minute mark. Watch the oil start to soak everything. by the 8 minute mark the oil is sloshing back and forth. There are expensive electronics there and it just got soaked.

This thread took a turn, but its because it had to, not because his friends decided to.

Last edited by 96z28ss; 08-09-2018 at 12:42 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 96z28ss For This Useful Post:
DBasher (08-09-2018), GregWeld (08-09-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 12:57 AM

This is all so sad to read.. I guess you definitely cannot go based on pictures. That video of the car was just embarrassing to have even delivered to a customer.

I remember when I posted about my issues with Scott mocks subframe being junk a few people contacted me calling me a liar or made excuses for what was built for me. Some people reached out and said I got scammed too. I told them the same thing SAY SOMETHING THEN.

Well fast forward and one of those same people posted about losing money from Scott mock. Sad it happened but I warned people. I got flack for posting about a "valued " member ,but I felt I did what was right.

Hopefully this will all get sorted and names and reputations will be saved. No matter how rich or poor you are it sucks to loose money but worse yet your barrowed time.

Much respect for you posting this Greg.

Last edited by Build-It-Break-it; 08-09-2018 at 08:16 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Build-It-Break-it For This Useful Post:
gofastwclass (08-09-2018), GregWeld (08-09-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96z28ss View Post

Watch the August 4th track video on Youtube. Look and the passenger side floor notice the color at the start of the video. Look at all the electronics on that side. Fast forward to the 6 minute mark. Watch the oil start to soak everything. by the 8 minute mark the oil is sloshing back and forth. There are expensive electronics there and it just got soaked.

This thread took a turn, but its because it had to, not because his friends decided to.
I never noticed this but watching again that’s a bit more than “blow by”.
You can just about register the G’s by the amount of oil on the floor.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:27 AM

Greg,

your heart and money had the best intentions, but the other side failed. It sucks and I feel horrible for you. I am sure it hurts to have to post this, but your courage to do the right thing shows your character. Best of luck moving forward.

Miss hanging with you Greg!

Brian

1965 Corvette
1973 Camaro
2003 Z06
The Following User Says Thank You to 73CPCAMARO For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (08-09-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73CPCAMARO View Post
Greg,

your heart and money had the best intentions, but the other side failed. It sucks and I feel horrible for you. I am sure it hurts to have to post this, but your courage to do the right thing shows your character. Best of luck moving forward.

Miss hanging with you Greg!

Brian
Love you buddy! Hug Steve for me!

Was missing my little "Miata" the other day -- thinking how simple I could have kept all this.... Old Yeller - the Nat (Lotus) - and the perfectly set up Miata you built.... it was such a hoot to toss around!

As all know here -- I've cut the traveling and doing a lot of the fun stuff because I just haven't been "well" and or I've been so stoned I can't walk!! LOL

Gwen doesn't mind driving me to and fro -- and my other friends have filled that vacuum as well (me not driving)..... Thank god for my friends!! I'm feeling better and seem to be doing better..... so maybe I'll pick up the pace a bit and start doing more events. I'm not sure if it's my age or a combo -- but this stuff takes a lot of effort these days. UGH.
The Following User Says Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
MattA (08-09-2018)