Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Site Sponsor

Billet inner fenders?????
That would be a polishing nightmare. I say lets anodize em first....

No wait, that would defeat the purpose.....

Now, carbon fiber, that might be the ticket, with massaged areas front and rear for the new DSE frame and others......KYLE, WHERE ARE YOU....lol
Old 10-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Banned

hey, my rad hoses are stainless, and are functional, self-made, and didn't cost anywhere near $200 so therefore they are usefull bling Kinda like your beer-belly, costs a lot to fill up, but gives you a nice place to rest your next beer on
Old 10-29-2006, 11:09 PM
Site Sponsor

No, the belly is different, more like a set of headers that hang to low. It drags if you are not careful. Difference is, it has flex built in so you don't bend it up.

Stainless radiator hoses? My kinda bling, no polishing required.

Last edited by Bill Howell; 10-29-2006 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:56 PM

Stevo would not have copied those parts. He has more integrity than that.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:10 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Crockett
The simillarities in styling are just too great to assume a coincidence here. I am sorry that my first post here has to be under these circumstances but right now I am almost speechless that this has happened.
We didn't copy your part. I have never seen your part before this post. Similarities are based on the fact that is is a long narrow part that is CNC machined using common tools and practices (i.e. slots).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Crockett
I guess I must congratulate Twist on getting them to market first . . . . . .
Thank you. We're very proud. Let this should serve as a valuable lesson to you. Your part has not been copied until it is ACTUALLY a part. Spilling the beans to a few people is not the same as design, investment and production of actual products.

While I owe you absolutely nothing, I will be glad to provide a list of people--well known industry people--whom I spoke with about this product. They will confirm that we had this idea about a year ago and had a prototype at the beginning of the summer.

Maybe that will help. Or maybe you will be content in the fact that two people had the same idea--which helps confirm that it is in fact a good idea. Those Mororo chrome fender struts have been sold for 30 years and no one bothered to make a set out of billet--FOR 30 YEARS!! Trust me, you and I are not rocket scientists for developing this part. It has literally been staring everyone in the face since the popularization of the CNC machine.

Sorry to ruin your day, but this is a coincidence. You are not the first person to cut a slot into a long narrow piece of aluminum. Deal with it. Oh and by the way, nice rad support cover. Did you invent that too?

Ridetech.com
Old 10-30-2006, 07:45 AM
Supporting Member

Steve has talked with me about doing these for at least 6 months.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:59 AM

Talking

I think you both own me some credit building solid aluminium fender bars at 1990 to my "pro then" trans am . I did smooth em to look like machined surface. Wery cool back then because everybody else had chorme parts under the hood.

How about that - 17 years ago

Last edited by Bowtieracing; 10-30-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Personally, I would have to give my design nod to the Twist part, I think the other example looks too much like my aluminum level ...but both will find a market, and kudos to both of you for tapping an untouched area of the market.

Fatlife, There is nothing wrong with someone wanting to have thier car stand out through the use of different parts that are available out there. I find it ironic that you state, consistently I might add, "it still blows my mind how much money people spend on useless "bling" parts". Looking at the picture of your car, you have billet valve covers, aluminum brackets, braided heater hoses, billet air cleaner, stainless hoses etc etc... it is a very nice car, I really like it, but with the exception of the brackets moving accessories, all of those can fall under the category of "useless bling" and it doesn't matter if they cost less than $200.00, it still falls in the same category.....and your car is by no means lo-buck.

While I am glad you are a contributing member to the site I truly think you have a serious "us vs. them" mentality. Just because a guy can afford to put these types of parts on HIS car doesn't make it wrong, or useless or whatever...it is just different and its OK. You appear to be constantly critical of everything people post that you don't agree with. I am not saying I expect everyone to, in your words, be a "leg-humper" but many of your comments, not all but many, appear to me to come across as pretty insulting, but always followed with a compliment to make it "OK"...of course, this site would be boring if we all agreed as well. Doesn't really matter either way, but that is just the way I see it. Variety is the spice of life, and life would be boring if our cars all looked the same.

Last edited by 61Bubbletop; 10-30-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:16 AM

I guess I should pipe in here, so I am pipeing in. If you have been here more than a little while you know what I mean. Steevo I think yours are trick. Excellent idea.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:20 AM
Site Sponsor

Jim,
You better be getting your fatass on a plane shortly. I am sitting here now waiting on the one for big boys. See ya soon.