Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 07-22-2010, 09:21 PM

Default Weather shutting down southeastern WI.

Not sure but Im starting to really dislike this state. We have had more rain and serious storms in the past summer months than Ive seen in the last 20yrs.
Right now we've had about 7 funnel cloud sightings and 2 tornado sightings throughout WI. The metro freeway systems to Milwaukee and beyond are shut down and flooded ( 3 major freeways) Coming home tonight Im driving through side streets with over 2ft of water. I've got construction sites sitting in 3-4ft of water, wall bracing snapping and collapsed walls due to the high winds and the phone ringing off the hook from our clients. Which I just went through this same scenario with the insurance companies 2 weeks ago from the last storm. It's just an odd season considering southeastern WI. isn't known for tornadoes. Heck, I had bad storms and a tornado following us when we were driving back in the evening from Car Craft Nats. Time to move to Bako
Old 07-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Supporting Vendor

Autokraft.org

Ya Dave its a good thing you got that Hummer! I dont think you'll get stuck with that so hammer down!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:13 PM

7 inches of rain on the near north side of Milwaukee between 5:30 and 8:00 is being reported by Fox 6 News. Sinkhole on the east side swallowed an Escalade and its passengers. Passengers climbed out of the hole. Looks 10 feet deep or more.

I just had a drainage swale (it had become a swamp) fixed with drain tile and topsoil and reseeded with grass two weeks ago. It has washed out two weeks in a row. A $7000 project mostly wrecked by mother nature.

99 Miata LS6
67 Camaro Street Fighter 599 HP L92-SOLD
Old 07-22-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokraft View Post
Ya Dave its a good thing you got that Hummer! I dont think you'll get stuck with that so hammer down!
Put her on its side, but never stuck! The modified air suspension has gotten me out of alot places and the truck as you know is never bling clean.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:24 PM

You must be getting what we got last night here in NW IA. We had a couple towns nearby get nailed. George IA got 11" of rain over night and 90% of the town has water in their basements some from sewers backing up. A few homes had basement wall collapse in. They had 4 bridges get taken out also. Maurice IA had what their calling 100 mph straight-line winds. One home and a few barns/buildings were completely destroyed and there were several other homes and structures with serious damage as well.

Thankfully there was only one injury reported.

Wish you the best with cleaning up your job sites. We've got a large job going on right now but seem to have gotten lucky.
//1969 Camaro (Hers...)
Old 07-22-2010, 10:25 PM

Like I said Jeff, Im getting sick of this and your in a lower area then I am.
Pewaukee lake has engulfed the downtown roads here in Delafield. I think my boat might end up by my back door. Didnt see the Excalade story yet, but man can you imagine driving and then bam your sitting 10ft under.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey64 View Post
You must be getting what we got last night here in NW IA. We had a couple towns nearby get nailed. George IA got 11" of rain over night and 90% of the town has water in their basements some from sewers backing up. A few homes had basement wall collapse in. They had 4 bridges get taken out also. Maurice IA had what their calling 100 mph straight-line winds. One home and a few barns/buildings were completely destroyed and there were several other homes and structures with serious damage as well.

Thankfully there was only one injury reported.

Wish you the best with cleaning up your job sites. We've got a large job going on right now but seem to have gotten lucky.
Our storms and tornado watches are coming from up north area towards Minn. I believe. Kurt would know maybe.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Del Mar Dave---You know you want too. We can stand around and pick up busted bolt heads all day.

Doug
Old 07-23-2010, 10:08 AM

It is just HOTT in Bakersfield. We will not see rain until October. But at that if we get 6" of rain in a year, That is considered normal.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:14 AM

come down to Florida. We are under a TD watch now with 4-6 inches to fall. One city has sand bags for its residents lol