Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhite692 View Post
I think that a common pair of characteristics that are shared by the companies/people who do the best job in the aftermarket, is

A) being humble and
B) what I'd call "let the product do <most of> the talking"
I agree and with that said we will do that. Sorry for all the problems
Old 11-13-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhite692 View Post
Geez...As an outside observer, and taking no position on any side one way or the other...seems like you guys can't attend anything (Sema, SMOTY) without some kind of conflict, and all kinds of on-line image-repair work going on after the fact. Wonder why that is?
I second that sentiment. I've received rude treatment by both yourself and your staff a couple of times. Seems the ego outweighs the customer service.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:34 PM

i tried to talk to someone about what all products you had comming out for the chevelles, but no one would really answer me. i tried a couple times acctually and just walked away with less then i walked up with. but its whatever to me, alot of people are comming out with products and its just a check on my list IMO.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:06 PM

Default On the defensive

I went to the Fesler shop & was greeted by a nice young lady who showed me some products I was interested in. Then Chris showed up in the 69'
Camaro that was all over this site. He showed me the car, told me how
much was spent etc. When I told him what I was doing, car mostly done
DSE through out, LS7. He changed.

"DSE stuff is so over priced, if you want to see handling I got this truck in
back with Airide that will out do this 69'......"

That 69' although very nice is a stock sub, stock arms, stock steering gear,
no GS mod car with a heavy 502 and lowered. No $&@!t it doesn't handle.

I have been to many other shops & most have a better disposition.

People doing this stuff are doing it to have fun! Chris is probably a nice
guy but like was posted earlier let your products & customer experience
form image & reputation. After all this is discretionary income that people are spending here.

Peter
Old 11-13-2008, 02:11 PM

The way I look at it is that word of mouth is HUGE in this industry, and by ignoring the "little guy" the negitive word is going to spread like wild fire. I think that addressing it on the forum at least shows that Chris is concerned about the problem and that the "little guy" does matter to his company. Truth be told, if I had to run a booth at SEMA and deal with all of this I would have probably done the same thing.
Unfortunately empoyees can tarnish your rep if they dont have the same pride in the company/products that you do as an owner. I dont think the company as a hole should be held accountable for one or two peoples actions.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:30 PM

Default Whats the big deal with Fesler?

I ordered all my Vintage Air stuff from Chris, Front Runner and evap kit. Chris was nothing but polite and helpful. Even going so far as to make sure that the stuff I was ordering was going to be correct for what I'm doing when he could have just taken the part numbers I gave him and taken my money. On top of the personal support I got, he gave me the absolute best price anywhere.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:00 PM

Just because someone is a good business man doesn't mean they should working with the public. I'm a glowing example of this statement.
While my business doesn't work with the public we do have vendors; tons of them.
They just show up anytime they want and expect to talk with you. Over the years they all learned to stay far away from me. About 4 years ago this steel salesman would come to our office every other week or so, I got so sick of hearing his voice I told him that he could only come by twice a year. When he showed up three or four weeks later I closed my account. They were my largest vendor by far.

I hate having to act like I like someone, according to my brother I'm not good at hiding the fact I want to punch them the face.

Now a days everyone knows not to bug me about...... anything.

I suggest you hire professionals to sell your product and attend the shows. If you think your customers need to see your face then nail up a huge poster in front of the booth.

Just my 2 cents.

Hey Rob, when are you coming over to get those WF Beams for your shop?

Rich

Last edited by rich-allen; 11-13-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:13 PM

Rich I agree 100%...Not everyone can run the business and at the same time be the “face” of the business…it takes a lot to be able to do both things. Not saying this applies to Chris since I don’t know him…different people have different skill sets…

Hey regarding the WF beam material thanks, I will send you an email.

Project update thread here:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=12743

My Lateral-G Page

My Shop Build:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16310
Old 11-13-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fesler View Post
Because people hate us and want to start things. I try to just stay out of it but can only do so much. I dont just sit back and let people rip me up.
I'm not sure people have replied here because they hate you. I believe the majority feel the need to express an opinion because of a personal experience with you as do I. That's the great thing about this country.

First of all your novel is one of the most self serving pieces I have ever read. From a marketing perspective it fails, from a sincerity perspective it fails and from an apology perspective it is embarrassing. The only thing you have thoroughly covered is excuses.

I visited your booth on 3 occasions during the show only to receive the attitude that has been referred to in this post. My opinion after speaking with you personally and two of your people is the name of your company should immediately be changed to "Legends in Our Own Minds".

If anyone was as good as you all asserted you were and all of the competition was as bad as you took the time to mention you would be in every hall of fame in the business and build 90% of the custom cars in the country.

After seeing your two cars this year and several cars in prior years I only have a couple questions:

1. Why do you never show a completely finished car?
2. Do you not consider fit and finish important ?

I have never seen gaps and finish in a quality show car like the Nova. Is it a new thing to see inside the trunk with the lid closed? Why don't you show the car with the doors open? you could avoid highlighting the 1/2" gap in door front vs. the 1/4" in the rear or the 1/4" variance from top to bottom. Trim throughout the car is also meant to fit flush and tight. Although, please keep in mind these are minor things I look at when I am having a car built or buying parts.

The Mustang isn't far off but I didn't spend as much time on that one.

You should spend more time with your fabricators on quality than editorializing on the web. I guess there is always Wyotech.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:09 PM

Default Fesler

I have known Chris for some time now. Everytime I have spoken to him or his staff, they have been polite and conciderate. I know that first impressions are everything but taking the time to give people a second chance is a good thing. Chris is very detailed individual and I know that it pains him to display a non completed car and he always has the best intentions to have them completed, but with the design and parts business and everyone that is in and out of the shop everyday, sometimes things get out of control. Chris and the majority of the builders build cars because they love cars and love to see what they can do and not for the money or to win a popularity contest. As for products, how many companies produce light bulbs or shampoo. Someone was the first to invent these things, all everyone else is doing is to make them different or better!
Closed Thread