Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Man Caves
User Name
Password

Old 01-25-2015, 08:30 PM

Question Kitchen cabinets to Garage

Planning a small Kitchen remodel and was looking at the cabinets and was thinking about using all the top ones for sure and maybe the tall pantry style one for the corner of the garage (20X20) once everything is up I want to paint everything, the walls,the cabinets the same color most likely white.

sometimes kitchen cabinets don't look very good but these look like they will fit in fine if laid out right and painted, my goal is to have everything inside cabinets and not on the floor or cluttered around. also going to sheet rock everything that's not now, the space has many functions, man cave, washer dryer, storage, and my Nova is in there on one side.

Has anyone here remodeled and used there old cabinets and been happy with the final results OR did you wish you wouldn't have wasted the time taking down and putting them back up ?
Old 01-27-2015, 12:27 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

I bought an old set from a guy and hung them up in my garage. They work fine. All depends on what you want/need I suppose.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 01-29-2015, 08:49 AM

I put everything from my kitchen remodel into my garage, as you can see I don't have very much space! The upper cabinets make a great place to store paint cans, oil and other fluids ect... I even put the twin bowl stainless steel sink in the garage! I use one side as a parts washer, and the other is plumbed into the water and drains for the house so I can wash up before going inside. Mine truly is a man cave! complete with Cable TV, beer fridge and a stereo.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:31 AM

The house we are renting has an extra garage behind the house. They took kitchen cabinets & put them in the garage, even the ones that set on the ground. I mistakenly sat my 42" wide toolbox on it. All was good until we had a heavy heavy rain & water came in under the garage door & covered the floor. Well the floor cabinets are made of particle board. Need I go on? Yep it soaked up the water like a sponge, got soft & fell over. Taking the toolbox with it into the side of my car. Surprisingly there was not much damage. Since then I have built a work bench, strong enough to hold a tank on it.