Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 10-28-2014, 09:04 PM

Default New member from Minnesota..

My name is Dan Schoneck. My biz is Schoneck Composites and i do cf. and fiberglass stuff and have built a fair amount of mustangs etc..I have been wanting todo a protouring car for about 10 years but i became hooked on Ford Gt Supercar's and ended up buying a few but im done now LOL. I have been searching for the right Ford car and last year i bought it and 5 others.

So being a Ford guy and the baddest ass motor ever built is the 427 cammer (SORRY BOSS 9 is second) my build has to be around that motor and era! Then i fell in love with early 60s wagons so i went on a buying spree!!!
62 country squire wagon bought all cars from within 90miles
63 country squire wagon of each other in cali with in one year!!!!
62 mercury comet villager wagon
60 merc colony park wagon
60 merc colony park wagon
My ford wagon collection is amazing and these are all badass cars! the mercs are really cooL!

I have the build all lined out and will start in middle of 2015 on the body first! Here is a little over view.

1963 country squire wagon
Car will end up most likely a two door wagon
It will have a complete aluminum chassis based off the ford gt supercar, may use most of a ford GT chassis or duplicate out of billet as i have many pieces to copy and scan!!!!
Ford GT supercar transaxle in the rear
all alum. Robert Pond 427 cammer dry sump billet intake efi, it will have billet alum tri y headers and Carbon fiber exhaust to back Yes i can do that hehe
It will be forced induction with a procharger. 1600-1700rwhp with a f1x (ie my 331'' Ford GT supercar makes 1500rwhp now with a procharger and is the only procharged ford gt in the world)
all the exterior wood grain trim will be reshaped and in carbon fiber and body will be modified where ever we see fit.
It will have carbon brakes ZR1 (all alum FOrd GT suspension) and some killer single lugs from either Forgeline or Weld racing.. 355-25-21s in rear and something 275ish in front in 20's
I want todo the radiator,ac, heat exchanger in rear of car depending on placement and way to get air to it but the motor will be set back behind the rack and will be same crank centerline as it is in a stock Ford GT and it will use a electric powersteering rack out of a new mustang. I also want to use electric assisted ac. The only acc. that will run off the motor is the alternator and external oil pump with belt driven fuel pump attacted to it and alt will probably be in the bellhousing area! It will be built to be driven across the country and will run on gas and e85 as e85 is the most awesome gas station available gas in the world and you can drive across a large portion of the country and hit a gas station with it about every 200 miles or so! Everything will be mostly designed in house by my brother and I, only out sourcing cnc work that we cant do!
This is something that i have wanted todo for a long time and i really need to take the plunge and do it!
I figure its time i share my plans and get a plan on the start of it! and get me more excited about doing it! seeing all these badass pro touring cars being built really drives me to want to start on the project!

We have played some with moving rear wheels around and making doors longer to make it look right as a 2 door. This is some of our first penciled out looks, from spacing from rear bumper to wheels and then to door and length of door! as a 2 door the doors will be 9'' longer and dash will be set back some or longer as firewall will move back for engine making front seats farther back also!

Anyways this is the start of the plan and i have got a good idea where im taking it from here!!!
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2014, 09:48 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Welcome, Dan. Sounds like you've got an interesting project on your hands. Be sure to start a build thread on the car. We love different builds. Feel free to also share any of your old GT's. They are pretty awesome cars.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 10-28-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSSix View Post
Welcome, Dan. Sounds like you've got an interesting project on your hands. Be sure to start a build thread on the car. We love different builds. Feel free to also share any of your old GT's. They are pretty awesome cars.
will do and NEW GT's 2005-6

Thanks!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 07:15 AM

Good luck with your project Dan. What type of car parts have you made in carbon fiber? I'm guessing it gets pretty expensive to do custom parts?
Old 10-29-2014, 10:26 AM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,106 Posts

Welcome Dan!
Old 11-18-2014, 10:20 PM

welcome dan and very interesting project.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Welcome .. Cool rides.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:47 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Welcome Dan. It just so happens that I was in your shop a couple months ago picking up the second front clip for the twins mustang in Cedar Rapids. How did you possibly end up in that little town? I was wondering what you had up your sleeve with the wagons out front. I guess i'll get to watch it unfold. This is a kick ass site with a group that is always willing to offer great advice. Good luck on the project.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:29 PM

Smile

Just looked at your wagons and reminded me of the 1962 Ford Ranch Wagon that I grew up driving ... extended shackles so we could run winter tires and haul hay. Nice 289 and 3 on the tree, I think it was an old NM Highway Dept wagon.

Good luck w the build!

Let the house go .... NEVER give up your car!!!!