Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-02-2016, 12:15 PM

Default SCCA Track Night in America

I'm just wondering if anyone has attended any SCCA Track Night in America events. Apparently this was a new program for the SCCA in 2015 and was successful enough that it has been expanded for 2016. These Track Nights sound to me like a perfect alternative to an expensive full weekend HPDE event. They offer three 20 minute on track sessions for $150 on one weekday evening. Just curious if anyone has attended one of these and what they thought about the experience.

http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/
Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you!
"Jeremy Clarkson"
Old 04-02-2016, 03:40 PM

I know several people from the Kentucky Region that did one or two of these at NCM last year. I believe the reviews were mixed based on driver experience. The noobies thought it was fantastic, those with more experience were quite pleased at the even when traffic went there way and perhaps a bit disappointed when they were caught up behind a bunch of slower drivers.

If they had one closer to me I'd give it a shot to see what they are like. It's probably like anything else, really great until they get so popular that they get too crowded. I like the price point they are shooting for and I know the SCCA is very excited about how this is working so far.