Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > The Muscle Car Place Weekly Podcast
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2015, 09:58 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Default Mcp 254 Mike Finnegan Of Roadkill: A Behind The Scenes

This weeks interview is with Hot Rod staff contributor, and Roadkill famous YouTube personality, Mike Finnegan. Many of you are likely fans of Roadkill due to the hilarious real-life antics of David Freiburger and Mike, but what you may not know is that the entire show was somewhat of an accident and that it could have all disappeared just a few months ago!

Producing Roadkill is not a normal TV type affair. It is three to seven days of filming with no script, no knowing what is going to happen, and there is (according to Mike) rarely a plan. After the trip and after the filming there are still quite a few days of sorting through footage for the best bits and condensing it down to a half hour show. Roadkill is a labor of love that is now showing results (i.e. millions of views within a week of each show airing). I even witnessed the power of Roadkill on the latest Hot Rod Power Tour with many people – old and new – asking me where they could find Mike Finnegan to get his autograph!

Check it out! http://www.themusclecarplace.com/tmc...ent-on-youtube

Old 07-31-2015, 01:02 PM

I love Roadkill! I enjoyed the interview. Thanks

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023