Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 02-06-2009, 10:48 AM

Default February Art Show & Contest Posts...

Looks like I'm starting this one out...

For this month I decided to do something different, at least for me. I've always loved Novas and have owned several over the years. I currently own both a 73 and 74, and call me nuts but I plan on owning at least one for the rest of my life. I've drawn plenty of Novas over the years. One day I also would like to own one of each of the X-Body cousins. I've had this one in my head for sometime now and this month's contest finally got it on paper. I'd really like to build this one...

I'm all about surprises and cars that appear one way on the surface but have a whole different personality underneath. For this one I cloned a 70/71 Buick GSX, very possibly one of the coolest muscle cars Detroit let loose. Body mods on the Apollo are fairly simple, relating back to the GSX with a touch of their own personality. Painted front bumper, blacked out trim, GS style spoiler, "Apollo GSX" graphics, shaved factory emblems and dual functional hood scoops. What's inside is where the fun begins. Punched out 455 stuffed with goodies and topped with an Offy low-rise intake sporting dual quads with a goal of over 550lbs of torque to shred the rear meats. Back that by a TKO600 and disc shod 9" sporting 3.55 gears. Hydroformed aftermarket subframe with air ride and Vette brakes house the motor and handle the curves. Street duty includes Wheel Vintiques 17x8 Billet Buick wheels shod with low pro redlines. Interior includes aftermarket buckets in black and grey and an 8 pt. Pro Street roll cage to keep things stiff and safe. Fun for cruising, occasional track shredding, and lots of showing. Thanks for looking...

My SRD Renderings Instagram page

My SRD Renderings Facebook Page

Pumkinator '79 Cutlass Wagon Build
Old 02-06-2009, 11:18 AM

Finally somebody started this thing. Being a "newb" I was a little hesitant to start. Very cool Ben! I dig it! (disco era terminology?) This is pretty scary but we were on a very similiar wave length here. I too started with a '74 Buick Aplollo turned GSX. Dang, even the graphic is about the same! Oh well, here's the before and after.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:51 PM

Wahoo! Nice work. These cars have so much potential. Someone once told me the Buicks in particular were pretty ugly. I say they lacked vision. Nice Photochop work!!!

This brings up a good point, if you photochop, be sure to include the original photo so we can see what changes you made.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:07 AM

Sorry about that. I was planning on getting something done. Work was actually busy. I had a house to do and keeping up with my new position at work is challenging. I will try for next month.

Mike
http://mlomaka.wix.com/lomakaconceptdesign
Old 02-10-2009, 12:57 PM

We missed your great design ideas! Busy is a good thing though, as long as your having fun!!! Hopefully we'll see ya next month.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:25 AM

We've got a winner!! Tie goes to Spaulding, congrats man, great photochop. I really like the clean look to his design, subtle yet aggressive. Now we just need someone to build this bad doggie!