Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 10-17-2022, 09:49 AM

Default mustang II front suspension

Anyone who has converted their car to mustang II suspension what are you running for shocks and springs what do you recommend? im looking for a nice street cruiser that can handle corners well and has a comfortable ride, would love to hear suggestions that i can do more homework on
Old 10-18-2022, 08:51 AM

Is this for an actual Mustang II?

I typically use RideTech upper and lower control arms with their coilovers as that allows me to fine tune the spring rates as needed but I have never tried to put them on a original Mustang II. I am sure they will work but I don't know if that fits with in your capabilities.

Depending on your ride height goals, I think I would consider dropped spindles as well and then run a taller coilover to get a bit more compression travel than stock.

*** checked your build thread. I think that is the way I would go. You may have issues with the rack boots and inner tierods clearing the control arm bushings. You will have to gusset the new LCA mounts and I would strongly consider adding a double shear bracket for the rear LCA bushing. I would also move the passenger side rack mount a 1/2" to allow the use of the fox body rack.

Support your local hot rod shop!

Last edited by dontlifttoshift; 10-18-2022 at 08:56 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dontlifttoshift For This Useful Post:
4GOTNPNY (10-21-2022), camcojb (10-18-2022), Ketzer (10-19-2022), kwhizz (10-23-2022)
Old 10-21-2022, 01:59 PM

thank you for the input! im just worried about the drop spindles lowering the front end to much but if you get longer shocks that would make more sense what are the differences between the mustang II rack and the fox rack?
Old 10-24-2022, 07:53 AM

Physically the only difference is the mounting points. Fox only has two instead of three. The center to center is a 1/2" different on the two mounts. Feel is much better with the Fox rack.

Support your local hot rod shop!
Old 10-24-2022, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
Physically the only difference is the mounting points. Fox only has two instead of three. The center to center is a 1/2" different on the two mounts. Feel is much better with the Fox rack.
oh i have owned 5 mustang IIs in total i have never seen one with 3 hole mounting for the rack all my cars have had 2 bolts but thats good to know! i just bought a brand new rack for my car last season so i might stick with it for now