Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-09-2013, 05:41 PM

Default project Indecisive from

Hello all from cold as *%#^ Winnipeg Manitoba! Well after being a long time lurker and looking over all of the beautiful builds on here I figured it was time for me to post up my project I am starting on. It's going to be another 69 Camaro (I figured there wasn't enough of them on here haha!).

My love for cars, and Camaro's in particular started how most do... My dad taking me to drag races, and dirt track races as a kid. Once I turned 18 I managed to purchase my first "Muscle car", a 1991 Camaro. I placed the muscle car in quotations as you all know with a whopping 205hp 305 TPI it lacked any sort of muscle! I had this car for a few years, doing small modifications until life took over, marriage and kids came along and the car got sold. It was always my dream to own a 69 Camaro, and now, I'm able to live that dream!

I was scouring the for sale adds on the old interweb as I always do, and there it was! A 69 Camaro with a built 383, th350, 10 bolt rear end and solid body with zero rust for $17500! I quickly responded, went down with cash on hand and took it home for $15000! That was two years ago.

Fast forward to today and I am finally starting on my project that I have been dreaming about since I was 16 years old! The car will be pro touring and I have named the car "Indecisive". The reason for this is simple, I can never decide exactly what I am going to do until I've ordered the parts and can't go back! One day I was mini tubbing, next day not, one day it was going to be yellow with blackstipes, next day red with gray hockey stripe and so on! But I've finally started to make up my mind. The build will commence May 2014 when it goes to the bodyshopy so up until then I will be in full parts collecting mode! The car will feature the following:

- stock front subframe with Speedtech control arms and ridetech coil overs
- Speedtech torque arm rear with Ford 9"
- Brakes are Wilwood 12.19" front and rear rotors with 6 pison calipers in the front and 4 in the rear
- Wheels are Boyd Coddington HR-99, 20x12 rear and 19x8 front with 345/25/20 and 245/35/19 nitto Invo tires
- Fesler billet trunk hinges, hood hinges, door handles, body mounts, driving lights, door jam vents, and fender braces
- Ringbrothers Razor hood and side vents
- Custom front valance
- Custom rear diffuser
- Bumpers smoothed and tucked, drip rails shaved, and flush mount glass installed
- Car will be painted a dark green color (Same as Reactor built by Ringbrothers)
- engine will be a 5.3 LS with roughly 500hp at the crank with a 6 speed transmission (got the engine for free, so can't complain!)

I will be doing all the work myself, aside from the metal work and bodywork (Tyler Scarfe from HPI customs will be helping me with the custom work, but he doesn't know it yet )

The car is being built on a budget... This is by know means a big budget build! I have attached a picture of the car in it's current state, and will continue to update as parts roll in and work gets completed!
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Car looks nice already,sounds like a good plan but we all change our minds a lot,it's OK but exspensive,good luck
Old 12-09-2013, 06:20 PM

seem to be a great start
Old 12-09-2013, 07:18 PM

Car looks great. Seems to not need much body work, but we all know how that turns out once you get into the car. Keep us updated and keep the pics coming.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:53 PM

Welcome aboard.Nice project.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:15 PM

Welcome and you're in good hands with Tyler! I'm a little confused on your budget statement, but no matter, it's your $$$. Just make sure you double it

Old 12-09-2013, 08:24 PM

^^^^X4
Old 12-09-2013, 08:39 PM

Haha, ok ok, so it may not be a super budget build, but it definitely is no unlimited funds project. I had to make sacrifices on some things, like going with the factory subframe and steering instead of the Speedtech front subframe I really want, or a 5.3 ls instead of the Mast 650hp 427 I really want!

The car is a good 15 footer right now. The front fenders are some horrible fitting fiberglass replacements, the door gaps are horrid, the trunk pan was replaced with nothing but a flat piece of steel. So I'm sure once she's down to bare metal it'll be full of surprises!

The Ringbrothers hood and side vents should be here in a few weeks, along with all the billet parts from Fesler! I'm excited to see that stuff start rolling in! I will definitely post pics as progress is made!

I just hope you guys are all ready for the endless questions that are going to be coming your way as I make progress!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM

So not a major update... But, my wheels came a few days ago and they look incredible! I went with Hot Rod by Boyds HR-99 from their pro touring line and mine was the very first set they sold! I delt with Chris Coddington and he was incredible to deal with... Amazing customer service. Wheels took about a month and a half to get to me from the time I ordered them, which is not bad considering that included a delay at the border, and the Christmas holidays which slows everything down! here's some crappy cell phone pics (I'll post up better ones later, along with some of the other parts like hood and side vents that have been rolling in):
Old 01-05-2014, 06:59 PM

Forgot the pics haha!
Attached Images