Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 08-13-2011, 11:48 PM

Default RideTech Triple Issue

Got my new RideTech triples this week for my 69 Camaro. I am replacing the QA-1's that my Airbar 4-link came with. Instructions say to put the lower spring perch on from the bottom of the sleeve. This is a problem since the remote reservoir and line are in the way. Sooo...I loosened off the bottom Allen bolt holding the reservoir line to the sleeve and of course oil started to spray out. I tightened it back up right away, but of course the o-ring was pushed out by the pressure and it got pinched and cut. Not sure what course to take now since the shock has lost oil and the o-ring needs replacing. The lines have to come off to get the lower perch on anyhow I believe. I am just not sure why RideTech would not have put them on before attaching the remote reservoir and line. Any ideas?
69 SS396 Camaro Coupe, 4link, 12bolt posi, Speedtech LCA and UCA's, Hotchkis 2" drop springs and sway bar, Ridetech triple remote resevoir coilovers, Bilsteins, Wilwood 6 piston front/4 piston rear, Magnaflow stainless exhaust, Lemons Headers, Comp rollers/p-rods/cam, Fikse 18x8.5 and 18x10
Old 08-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Supporting Vendor

That shock has to come back to us to be refilled with oil and nitrogen.

For anyone else reading this with any shock that has a remote reservoir DO NOT pull the line off the shock! The oil is pressurized by nitrogen in the reservoir. Removing the line forces oil out and the shock is then useless.

Sounds like you got instructions for the non-adjustable and single adjustable shocks, not the triple. On the NA and SA shocks it's easier to change springs by removing the spring perch from the bottom of the shock.
With the triples the resi is in the way, so everything has to go on from the shaft side.

Give us a call and get a return number (RMA) and we'll rebuild that shock free of charge.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marolf101x View Post
Give us a call and get a return number (RMA) and we'll rebuild that shock free of charge.
Now that's excellent customer service!!
Old 08-14-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marolf101x View Post
That shock has to come back to us to be refilled with oil and nitrogen.

For anyone else reading this with any shock that has a remote reservoir DO NOT pull the line off the shock! The oil is pressurized by nitrogen in the reservoir. Removing the line forces oil out and the shock is then useless.

Sounds like you got instructions for the non-adjustable and single adjustable shocks, not the triple. On the NA and SA shocks it's easier to change springs by removing the spring perch from the bottom of the shock.
With the triples the resi is in the way, so everything has to go on from the shaft side.

Thanks for the clarification. That was my fear when the pressurization was released. Is there anyone I should ask for when I call?
69 SS396 Camaro Coupe, 4link, 12bolt posi, Speedtech LCA and UCA's, Hotchkis 2" drop springs and sway bar, Ridetech triple remote resevoir coilovers, Bilsteins, Wilwood 6 piston front/4 piston rear, Magnaflow stainless exhaust, Lemons Headers, Comp rollers/p-rods/cam, Fikse 18x8.5 and 18x10
Old 08-15-2011, 06:31 AM
Supporting Vendor

You don't need to ask for anyone special. Just tell them the situation, that you posted on Lateral-G, and that I said to send it back to us.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:36 PM

Take care on the installation that nothing is pulling on the hose during suspension movement. Make sure the hose fitting has adequate clearance & will not hit anything.