...

Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Man Caves
User Name
Password



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 06-17-2022, 12:47 AM
Steve68 Steve68 is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: orlando fl
Posts: 921
Thanks: 34
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Nice interior walls, what was used for insulation??
__________________
68 SS Camaro LSX/T56 in work, SMD subframe, , DSE Mini tubs, Fikse Profil 13's, Alston G Link, and other parts!! ,

70 Nova SS street racer, ugly,
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve68 For This Useful Post:
NAPA 68 (06-22-2022)
  #42  
Old 06-18-2022, 10:02 PM
Roscoe03 Roscoe03 is online now
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bakersfield, CA.
Posts: 91
Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Very well done and impressive car collection!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roscoe03 For This Useful Post:
NAPA 68 (06-22-2022)
  #43  
Old 06-22-2022, 02:49 PM
NAPA 68 NAPA 68 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Presque Isle, WI
Posts: 286
Thanks: 61
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve68 View Post
Nice interior walls, what was used for insulation??
Closed cell spray foam. 2" on the roof, 1" on the walls, and then another layer of blow in above the ceiling.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-22-2022, 02:53 PM
NAPA 68 NAPA 68 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Presque Isle, WI
Posts: 286
Thanks: 61
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe03 View Post
Very well done and impressive car collection!
Thanks. The 66 Corvette is a 427/425hp survivor. The 59 Bel Air has an LS3 and Roadster Shop Revo chassis in it. The 68 Camaro is a partial original paint L78 4 speed from CA (that currently has an L88 in it). The 97 F350 is a 1 owner truck with 33k on it (460 5 speed).
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NAPA 68 For This Useful Post:
Roscoe03 (06-22-2022)
  #45  
Old 07-09-2022, 02:05 AM
Steve68 Steve68 is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: orlando fl
Posts: 921
Thanks: 34
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPA 68 View Post
Closed cell spray foam. 2" on the roof, 1" on the walls, and then another layer of blow in above the ceiling.
Then a matching panel was screwed over the insulation?


Very common in the northern area, in Florida what is usually used is the white backed insulation or the double bubble foil insulation which has a R rating of 6, not that great,

had a guy who was going to spray foam the roof, 1200$ great, he talks me into doing a estimate, sure! OMG! 3 prices, like $6500, $12,700, $19,000, I deleted that email quickly, now I basically have a oven! LOL
__________________
68 SS Camaro LSX/T56 in work, SMD subframe, , DSE Mini tubs, Fikse Profil 13's, Alston G Link, and other parts!! ,

70 Nova SS street racer, ugly,
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-09-2022, 08:52 AM
NAPA 68 NAPA 68 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Presque Isle, WI
Posts: 286
Thanks: 61
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve68 View Post
Then a matching panel was screwed over the insulation?
If your speaking of the ceiling, that was installed and then the blow in on top of that.

I also have a mini split in here as well. I run the dehumidifier in the summer (when the doors are closed) and it's like a meat locker. 30-40% humidity. Very "fat guy" friendly
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-09-2022, 11:44 PM
Steve68 Steve68 is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: orlando fl
Posts: 921
Thanks: 34
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPA 68 View Post
If your speaking of the ceiling, that was installed and then the blow in on top of that.

I also have a mini split in here as well. I run the dehumidifier in the summer (when the doors are closed) and it's like a meat locker. 30-40% humidity. Very "fat guy" friendly
No, not the ceiling, the actual walls, they spray foam on to the outside panel, the foams expands, and they cover it with a second piece of metal that matches, and covers the unsitely raw foam,

Was it done differently? I saw them do this addition to had all these great plans, BUT,

it's usually right at 100* in my shop, but I get a breeze,

When I get something's moved around, I'll add the exhaust fan and 2 75' ceiling fans on 10 ft rods, and then figure the right foam to spray,

I've lived in Florida since 75' its hotter than hell now!!! radial heating!
__________________
68 SS Camaro LSX/T56 in work, SMD subframe, , DSE Mini tubs, Fikse Profil 13's, Alston G Link, and other parts!! ,

70 Nova SS street racer, ugly,
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-11-2022, 10:34 PM
Ketzer's Avatar
Ketzer Ketzer is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eads, TN.
Posts: 1,373
Thanks: 172
Thanked 109 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve68 View Post

it's usually right at 100* in my shop, but I get a breeze,

When I get something's moved around, I'll add the exhaust fan and 2 75' ceiling fans on 10 ft rods, and then figure the right foam to spray,

I've lived in Florida since 75' its hotter than hell now!!! radial heating!
Similar to my current setup. 52" exhaust fan in the back and a pair of 48" drum fans I move around on the floor to help move the air through. I added a 72" ceiling fan last year to try and get more movement across the ceiling... BUT 110 degree air is 110 degree air, doesn't matter if its moving or not.

Getting into my 50's has somehow made me waaaayyy less heat tolerant, it's been a real let down.


Jeff-
__________________
You remind me of the timing on a turbo engine...
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-12-2022, 08:42 AM
dhutton dhutton is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mountain Springs, Texas
Posts: 1,796
Thanks: 780
Thanked 308 Times in 188 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
Similar to my current setup. 52" exhaust fan in the back and a pair of 48" drum fans I move around on the floor to help move the air through. I added a 72" ceiling fan last year to try and get more movement across the ceiling... BUT 110 degree air is 110 degree air, doesn't matter if its moving or not.

Getting into my 50's has somehow made me waaaayyy less heat tolerant, it's been a real let down.


Jeff-
Wait until you are in your mid 60’s… I am crankier than hell working in this Texas heat…

Don
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhutton For This Useful Post:
Ketzer (07-12-2022), Roscoe03 (07-14-2022)
  #50  
Old 07-13-2022, 02:33 PM
Steve68 Steve68 is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: orlando fl
Posts: 921
Thanks: 34
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Similar to my current setup. 52" exhaust fan in the back and a pair of 48" drum fans I move around on the floor to help move the air through. I added a 72" ceiling fan last year to try and get more movement across the ceiling... BUT 110 degree air is 110 degree air, doesn't matter if its moving or not.

Getting into my 50's has somehow made me waaaayyy less heat tolerant, it's been a real let down.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
Wait until you are in your mid 60’s… I am crankier than hell working in this Texas heat…

Don
The HEAT sucks all the way around!!!

I lived on the shore of Virginia for 5 years, it got hot there for sure!! but this is terriable now!!!
__________________
68 SS Camaro LSX/T56 in work, SMD subframe, , DSE Mini tubs, Fikse Profil 13's, Alston G Link, and other parts!! ,

70 Nova SS street racer, ugly,

Last edited by Steve68; 07-13-2022 at 02:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Lateral-g.net