Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-13-2008, 09:49 PM

Question fuel tank for efi

Just started a pro touring 67 camaro rag top build. I bought a ram jet 350 and a 4L80 from GMPP. Any suggestions for the fuel tank. I am trying to save money in this area. I have a brand new stock tank in the box, but they recommend an in take style pump with a return system for the ram jet. They do not recommend an inline pump.
Sam
Old 01-14-2008, 01:24 AM

you wont have any problems running an inline style pump as long as you dont ues the last 1/4 of a tankfull.. onc eyou get down to the last few gallons your engine will cut out in turns as fuel sloshes away from the pick up... you can modify your tank to accept an intank fuelpump and add the nessecary baffeling to prevent stravation.. but its not for everyone to take on...
Old 01-14-2008, 10:33 PM

I would reccomend an in tank pump. I have a Ramjet 502 and did the powertour on 05 and seveal of us found out extended use of an inline pump was boiling the fuel in the lines. I replaced my stock tank setup with a Rick's hotrods tank with a bosch pump in the tank. I actually had the tank built with two pumps as someday I plan to procharge or turbocharge the car. But anyhow it solved my issues. If you run the car low on fuel with the inline the car will act up sooner. It is caused from the fuel injection systems design bypasses the excess fuel and returns it to the tank. The heat from the engine and the inline fuel pumpit will boil the fuel and cause it to vapor lock in the lines.