User Name
Password

Old 04-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Supporting Vendor

Default Year One Street Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Parkhurst
I'll go.

Honestly, I'm not a great driver. I am getting better, but my cars still have more talent than I do.

If you want to test editor's driving talent, put all of them behind the same wheel.

If you want to test editor's car building prowess, put the same driver behind the wheel(s) of their cars.

(Or whatever...)

My wagon is almost ready for another few years of punishment. However you decide to do this (if you decide to do it LOL), know I'll drive there in the wagon. It's a car, not a sculpture.

But, if you open it up to trailered rides - I at least want extra 'points' for bringing a driver.

Want to make it really interesting? Limit it to pump gas...87-octane pump gas. Let's keep it REALLY real. I bet readers would love it.

I'm keeping an eye on this one!

~SP~

OK...I'll bite. We'll have several cars at the Year One event. I'll put any and all magazine editors in one of our cars at the autocross. Best time gets...what? Give me some ideas...
I am more inclined to do this on the autocross track instead of the big track because it is a better reflection of suspension and driver capability and less reliant on horsepower. In addition I don't have the balls anymore to turn these guys loose with my cars at well over 120mph [been there...] The autocross track just keeps it more fun.
I think this should be in addition to the magazine guys bringing their own cars...it would be a great way for them to demonstrate their enthusiasm to the readers. But giving them a few rounds in an identical car is a way to even up the playing field. Hell. they might even ... [insert close up of Dr. Evil here]...write a story about it!!
Guys, give me an email at [email protected].
This is a thread from the Pro Tour forum that talks about getting the forum guys together at the YEar One event for a little throwdown at the Street Challenge Autocross. It has morphed into a challenge for the magazine editors to bring their own cars to see how they perform...which has movewd into an invitation for magazine editors to drive one of our air suspension vehicles to see who can record the best time. Thoughts? I dont camp on these forums 24/7 so if you want to respond to my email directly, it will get you a faster response. Let hear it...