Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 05-21-2008, 08:27 PM

Default Whats with kids these days in rice burners!!!

I was out for a quick ride on my buddies 06 GSXR when some punk in a rice burner with ten spoilers,10" monster tach with 2 shift lights (just in case the first one fails),and a sewer pipe for a muffler pulls up next to me and wants to run!!!!! We were in the middle of the city in traffic for heavens sake!!!!!!!!! Second of all does this kid even think he has a chance against a 10sec bike!!!!!! So after a few lights I dont give in for a race so the jerk cuts me off!!! Whats the deal with these kids these days.....they have no comprehension between fantasy and reality.When I was growing up I gave respect where respect was due and knew my limitations.Oh well thats just my ranting for today but I feel alot better!!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Supporting Member

I totally agree there are plenty of them out there, but I wanted to chime in to let you know there are some normal respectable young guys out there too. (I am one!)

In all honesty, it is worse for me sometimes to be out in the Camaro, because not only do I get the imports revving and running up next to me, they have NO fear being idiots because I am a young kid too...so they think they have a better shot of insighting a response! Which they never get. But I have had them cut me off, or drive one in front and one behind me!!! I just take the next turn haha!

Just remember, they may be the loud and obnoxious ones, but that doesn't make them the norm!

Tim
Old 05-21-2008, 09:11 PM

Oh ya don't get me wrong I'm not saying all young kids are the same.Its the hand full that ruins it for everyone.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:06 PM

That's one of the reasons I'm selling my neon SRT-4. My car puts down over
400whp but I don't try to race everyone on the street. I know exactly what you mean I get all kind of people trying to race me while I'm on my GSX-R 1000. Give me a break there's not that many cars out there that can take on a liter bike, so why try. I've been in a situation where I had to gun the bike and take off because there were two cars messing with me and I was afraid they were going to do something stupid and come into my lane.

Joel
Old 05-22-2008, 04:43 PM

this if funny. i see and hear comments like this all the time. however, when I 'm out on the bike (ZX9r) or the T/A, the only things that challenge me are Toyota Echos, Explorers, some beater 4cyl that is compiled of rust and duct tape and young kids in their mother's car. nothing ever wother wasting gas on. WTF
Old 05-22-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takid455 View Post
this if funny. i see and hear comments like this all the time. however, when I 'm out on the bike (ZX9r) or the T/A, the only things that challenge me are Toyota Echos, Explorers, some beater 4cyl that is compiled of rust and duct tape and young kids in their mother's car. nothing ever wother wasting gas on. WTF
Come to central Fl. you'll get plenty of them
Old 05-22-2008, 10:53 PM

I do love crushing the big egos the sti and evo owners have.They rev at my 68 mustang i have dot slicks on it and a cage in it they look shocked when i let go of the trans brake and the front end leaves the ground.Saddest part i have about the same in my mustang total as they spend on there cars and mine can only go up in value theres will drop.400hp in a fwd is hard to catch traction on the track on the street you'll wheel hop like hell.I do love the ricer fly by they do best way to piss them off is nail it and see how fast you up and leave them.I never understood a huge wing on a fwd or the huge tach when the cars got one stock even worse its a auto.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
I do love crushing the big egos the sti and evo owners have.They rev at my 68 mustang i have dot slicks on it and a cage in it they look shocked when i let go of the trans brake and the front end leaves the ground.Saddest part i have about the same in my mustang total as they spend on there cars and mine can only go up in value theres will drop.400hp in a fwd is hard to catch traction on the track on the street you'll wheel hop like hell.I do love the ricer fly by they do best way to piss them off is nail it and see how fast you up and leave them.I never understood a huge wing on a fwd or the huge tach when the cars got one stock even worse its a auto.
I have wheel hop under control with a few suspension mods but traction and torque steetring are interesting to say the least. I love all kinds of cars but like you said it isn't worth dumpimg money into a newer sport compact(with the exception of a supra/skyline) because you'll never get the money back. That's another reason I'm going to go check out a '66 Nova today and hopefully buy it, so wish me luck
Old 05-23-2008, 01:42 PM

i dont get why car lovers complain about ricers. People comlpained about kids running around in their 2-door coupes, with loud exhuasts and big tires in the 70's. So why are the ricers SO terrible?

I don't like rice out hondas any more than the next guy. But they are just the Nova's and GTOs of today.

If it really hurts your feelings so bad, next time you see a ricer, write him up one of these...
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2008, 10:38 PM

now that citation is hilarious!!!!!!