Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-19-2006, 12:28 PM

Default kicking around some ideas

Well, I am finally staring down the barrel of graduation. With graduation, hopefully, will come a good paying job...well anything is better than the 13k a year I make at walmart. With the better pay comes a clear title on my truck, and with that comes....you guessed it, a project!

It is a 2003 S-10. here are the plans thus far. I'll go into the areas that I am wanting discussion on in the end

Interior
Leather F-body or corvette seats (had leather 00 t/a seats in my 02 s-10, it looked mighty good. I'll throw a pic in here at the end)
On-Star
"Small" stereo system (big bumps were good back in the day, but I've settled down a little bit!)

Exterior
Roll pan (I am thinking corvette or SS style center rear exhaust exit again i'll give a picture later)
I've thought about a cowl hood, but I'm not sure, May only go that route if I need clearance (more on that later)
clear corner lenses, every other lens stock, I don't like the "altezza" look
I'm also open to suggestions on the front bumper.
Color I am planning a two tone. black bottom and sunset orange pearl on top

Engine (open for discussion)
I am doing an LSx there is no 2 ways about it, with a T-56.
If anyone is familiar with this swap, going with a stock LS1 calls for all sorts of Frame mods. Including pretty well annihilating the front crossmember.
I plan to put together a dry sump system, so as to hopefully eliminate the need to hack up the crossmemeber. If that doesn't work I'll have someone fab up a tubular one. As the pictures of some of these guys xmembers are pretty scary. Also with the dry sump set-up I amhoping that it will allow me to get the engine lower and move it further back to help the weigth distribution
For a while, I will run the stock LS1 with the dry sump to get the handling and suspension all figured out.
Stage 2, will call for a rebuilt motor and a pair of turbo's

Suspension

I am completely open as far as suspension is concerned, I am thinking 4 link in the rear, and a G-body (i think) front suspension set-up with the taller spindles and the tubular a-arms with coil overs. Again open to suggestions here

Wheels
I am leaning toward C6 corvette wheels in either chrome or Silver

Everything else
The stock fuel tank will be eliminated, and the a fuel cell mounted aft of the axle to help weight distribution some more.

Rear bumper idea

Seats

Artwork Page