Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 06-22-2008, 11:28 PM

Default Need Help with rear suspension

I was wondering if anyone has ever used Heidts rear 4-link bolt in piece for 67-69 camaros? Also any feedback about other manufacturers would be great. I want to mini-tub the rear, so I can run a 20X12 with a nice deep lip.

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:41 AM

We sell 3 different 4 link rear suspension systems and the Heidts is not one of them. If you want a suspension system with good geometry look at wither DSE Quadra Link, Chris Alston G bar or Art Morrison new 4 link. We have instaled a lot of each the DSE and Chris Alston, and will soon be installing a Art Morrison set up so we can provide feedback on that also. But I know in advance the AM will be fantastic like everything else they make.

All three of these systems work and are proven. None of these system l speak of are change for the sake of change parts like the other 4 link systems.

You can see 20 X 12, 19 X 12 and 18 X 12 mini tub cars with 335 and 345 tires on our website.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:19 AM

To me Heidts parts should be left on the street rods.If you want it to handle great listen to ProdigyCustoms.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:23 PM

Thanks guys for the info so far. Frank I was wondering about the DSE quadra link system. My buddy that is going to do paint and body for me suggested it also. He is doing another '69 camaro for a customer and that guy is using all DSE suspension parts, including the subframe. Here is the question I have....Do I have to buy a new gas tank to do the quadra link and deep mini tubs from DSE?

Thanks,
Jason
Old 06-23-2008, 06:55 PM

If you want to run tailpipes you will need to notch the corners of your fuel tank, or buy a custom tank notched so you can snake tailpies by.