Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 10-30-2008, 10:42 AM

Default rear suspension for 67 camaro

hey guys im new to this, looking for some input, in regards to rear set up? kinda looking at three setups
1. DSE Quadra link
2. gbar (prob entry setup)
3. hth truckbar

this is going to be an aggressively driven daily driver, so ride quality is also a concern. any pros and cons of each, or maybe even a better suggestion? trying to keep this some what budget oriented?
Old 10-30-2008, 11:24 AM

I am not a truck arm fan myself.

The DSE and G Bars are both great handlers and ride great. If your installing it yourself the G bar or Prodigy bar is going to be the easiest and least labor. Only welding will be the upper arm mounts on the rear axle.

Also, Speedtech has a new Torque Arm that is interesting, I am hoping to install one very soon. And it is also a mild welding only project.

The Quadralink is great but is a fabrication project that requires some cutting and welding.

If you decide we have all the above products available.

Your welcome to call and discuss
Old 10-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Administrator

The truck arm had some buzz a while back, but it's fallen off the map so to speak. I don't (think) I know of any cars that have it. I do know exhaust routing was a big concern with the early HTH versions.

Frank has good insight, he's worked with them all.

I have the Q-link in my car and I'm extremely happy with the performance and ride.

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 10-30-2008, 11:57 AM

I installed one of these units about 5years ago. I was not impressed with the fit and finish. It seem crude and I had to twist one of truck arms for it to line up with the front pivot eyelet. You will also loose most of your rear seat foot well for arm clearance. Exhaust routing gets very interesting also.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:24 PM

thanks 4 the insite guys, im just trying to do this right the 1st time through, so all comments are appreciated, i guess the truck arm is out, i was looking at the torque arm setup as well, that is similar to the 3 gen camaro setup correct? ride, handling, and durability is what i am after, i think the airride is cost prohibitive, looks nice though. also dont know if this matters i am running a stock 12bolt right now
Old 10-30-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms View Post
I am not a truck arm fan myself.

The DSE and G Bars are both great handlers and ride great. If your installing it yourself the G bar or Prodigy bar is going to be the easiest and least labor. Only welding will be the upper arm mounts on the rear axle.

Also, Speedtech has a new Torque Arm that is interesting, I am hoping to install one very soon. And it is also a mild welding only project.

The Quadralink is great but is a fabrication project that requires some cutting and welding.

If you decide we have all the above products available.

Your welcome to call and discuss
frank,
do you have prices on those setups?, what kind of maitence is involed with those suspensions, i have heard rod end four links require lots of that, expecially for a street machine?