Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-27-2016, 09:05 PM

I have a similar setup as my 72 RS/SS. 350 sbc with 400+hp and 3.73 posi out back. All I can say is switching from a Super T-10 4 spd. to a Tremec TKO 600 several years ago was one of the best improvements I've made in drivability and performance.
Hurst Driveline has the complete kit for your 68 with zero mods. Install everything in a weekend, be done and enjoy your ride.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTC68Camaro View Post
Newbie here with my first post, currently in the middle of a complete frame off resto on my 68 Camaro, currently trying to decide on the manual tranny to put in. Will be mated to a small block 350 putting out about 450+HP...wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with the McLeod tranny vs. the Tremec TKO600 and to get some feedback (pros / cons).

Car will be used for weekend cruising and some back roads hot rodding...not a race car.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Welcome to Lateral-G!

As others have said, it’s pretty hard to go wrong with either a TKO-600 or a T-56 Magnum. The TKO-600 will be able to handle up to 600ft/lbs and the T-56 Magnum can handle up to 700ft/lbs. Several gearing options are available based on your rear gear ratio and tire size. If you go with a T-56 Magnum, there will be a little more labor involved.

If you have any specific questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 707-544-4761.