Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 06-07-2009, 12:30 AM

Default 1965 Shelby Daytona

This is just a little project i have been playing around with while rendering Scott's Camaro.

I have manly been playing around with the frame, and seeing as i dont know much about frames and strutural integrity, i was just wondering, How scared would you be if someone made this frame for you?

here are a couple of other random render

Thanks for looking
Tom
Old 06-07-2009, 08:59 AM

Dangit Tom, I'm an artist not an engineer! Lol! I don't know anything about putting a frame together but that rendering is looking sweet! Looking forward to seeing it done!

My SRD Renderings Instagram page

My SRD Renderings Facebook Page

Pumkinator '79 Cutlass Wagon Build
Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 PM

thanks Ben, yeah i am not an engineer either, and thats why have a sneaking suspicion, that if this frame was ever made it would kill people

i attached some better renders, i think this renders dont "confuse" the frame as much

thanks for the comment Ben, this project is coming along a lot fast than the camaro, which i am just putting the finishing touchs on now. i am printing some of the camaro render out tomorrow at 36 by 24in.
i had some printed out last week, and they looked good, but there where just a couple of thing within the render i need to change. so i should have some nice posters printed out tomorrow

thanks
Tom

Last edited by tomsullivan; 06-07-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:30 PM

Naah youll be rite mate lol just put a helmet on for track days and pray you dont have an accident on the street so you or someone else doesnt get impaled
If hes not a Mech engineer that has atleast 15 yrs experience i wouldnt jump in it. Wouldnt be that bad for a drag car would it
Old 06-17-2009, 05:55 PM

keep this in mind, a NHRA cage (10pt or more) needs to be 1.625" mild steel tubing with .120" wall thickness.

but it looks good, that is my favorite body style of all time.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

Tom I love your renderings they are just way to cool. I wish I had some of my chassis.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 07-16-2009, 11:26 AM

I wish that I could use CAD like that...

From a structural stand point, the upper coilover mounts for the front suspension need some bracing. Right now it looks like the are attached to the frame, and there is one bar connecting them to eachother. Imagine taking a hard left turn for instance. You will end up loading up the right upper spring mount and not the left. Plus the upper control arm will be pushing inboard on the right frame mount and pulling outboard on the left frame mount, so both spring mount loop bars will want to fold towards the right, and that lateral cross bar won't do much at all to stop them.

Last edited by SickSpeedMonte; 07-16-2009 at 11:30 AM.