Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-16-2011, 07:51 PM

Default Updates...

Finally some time to work and some progress. Installing the first headlight was fun... matching it on the other side is a beeaaatch! got if though. had to figure out my front end, fascia, heat exchanger placement, etc... as well as a bunch of other fitment challenges... The front fascia wraps around like a late model, and is easily removable for H/E access. Im waiting on a new design fiberglass hood from Mustang Depot that should be in in a few more days... then I can finalize the fabrication and get it into filler and primer.... then the rest is a crapload of blocking and fitting gaps. The goal is to get it ready for Power Tour, or at the very latest SEMA.... when you're a one man show its all about time management I guess..
Attached Images

PTFB, Viking, Holley Performance Products, BFGoodrich, Heatshield Products, Turbonetics, Hellion Turbo Systems,TCI, Dennys driveshafts, Eastwood, Preferredline Media, Summit Racing, Strange Engineering, Forgeline, TMI Products, DBR High Performance, Spectre Performance, Vintage Air, NPD, Digitails, Redline Lumtronix, Dakota Digital, Newport Engineering, Stage 8 fasteners, Industrial Depot, Brian Finch, Grant Salter, and many more Good friends with big hearts.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

It looks good Kevin. I wouldn't even be able to do the first side never mind matching it. Nice work. Nice brake set up too.

Last edited by waynieZ; 03-17-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:25 PM

Kevin look's real nice.Awesome project. Scott Mock
Old 03-16-2011, 09:50 PM

Thanks guys, I know it doesn't look like much in a fab-stage... but it'll start showing its real character soon enough. Once the stance is established and the overall silhouette is revealed it should be kinda mean looking. I appreciate the support, especially here where so many incredible cars are revealed and documented.

KT.
PTFB, Viking, Holley Performance Products, BFGoodrich, Heatshield Products, Turbonetics, Hellion Turbo Systems,TCI, Dennys driveshafts, Eastwood, Preferredline Media, Summit Racing, Strange Engineering, Forgeline, TMI Products, DBR High Performance, Spectre Performance, Vintage Air, NPD, Digitails, Redline Lumtronix, Dakota Digital, Newport Engineering, Stage 8 fasteners, Industrial Depot, Brian Finch, Grant Salter, and many more Good friends with big hearts.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:36 PM

Looking great!!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:39 PM

Why not use the hood in the first pic? Does the hood not clear the blower assy?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:36 AM

KT where you been???
Old 03-17-2011, 01:16 PM

Looks good Kevin. When's the completion date? Sema??

Must be alot more fun working on this rather than the projects on the show
Project pics of my '69
Camaro Performers Magazine Feature
Old 03-17-2011, 09:18 PM

The hood in the pics before this one has a clearance issue with the IAC and blower inlet plenum. I bought the "DRAGON" inlet and giant single blade throttle body which as the IAC on the bottom... but it lifts the inlet elbow up for clearance and just creates another problem. I'd have to put a "buldge" in the Gt500 Hood that would look like crap. I was going to use a giant "Boss 9" scoop, but then found this new design hood that has extractors and ram air inlets... looks badass!

http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCa...stangVert8.jpg

Im really hoping that it's finished by Power tour.... the biggest obstacle is the body and custom fab on the nose... the rest is mostly reassembly and wiring/plumbing. I'm going to be leaning on some friends and enlisting their help to accomplish this... I just cant wait to drive the silly thing! LOL!

Thanks for the kind words.

KT.