Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 10-12-2015, 02:08 PM

Default mast motorsports oil pan

I am going to run the mast motorsports oil pan on my LS3 carte engine. I have heard it works well with the ridetech tru-turn on a stock first get clip. can anyone confirm? are you happy with the pan? does it take a stock LS3 windage tray? also any dealers on here for MAST?
thanks
Paul
Old 10-12-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk68 View Post
I am going to run the mast motorsports oil pan on my LS3 carte engine. I have heard it works well with the ridetech tru-turn on a stock first get clip. can anyone confirm? are you happy with the pan? does it take a stock LS3 windage tray? also any dealers on here for MAST?
thanks
Paul
I've had two of them, both worked perfectly as designed.

Can't comment on the compatibility but it works just fine with the stock windage tray and comes with a new oil pump pick up. Reuse the stock gasket and you're good to go.

I like that it uses a stock oil filter and has a built in remove oil cooler lines
Old 10-12-2015, 04:29 PM

Tom Farrington is a Mast dealer. [email protected]
66 Corvette, Spirit of '66
Project G-Vette
Old 10-12-2015, 07:05 PM

I'm running it with tru turn and have no issues. I'm running dirty dingo sliders with the engine as far back as possible, but I have tons of room from the tru turn center link.

The Mast pan is a really good one, but it you plan on doing a lot of road course events, I would go with the Autocraft Pan. It has much better baffling and is a proven unit in road course applications.

I only do autocross for the most part and have had zero issue. I also talked with Stacey Tucker at DSE about the Mast pan and she never had a problem with it in her '69 Camaro.

Hope this helps,
Matt

'69 'Vert Camaro: DSE Sub-Frame, DSE Mini-Tub, DSE Four-Link w/9inch. LME LS7 427, T56. Tuned by Ed Hutchings, :SOLD!
Old 10-12-2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
I'm running it with tru turn and have no issues. I'm running dirty dingo sliders with the engine as far back as possible, but I have tons of room from the tru turn center link.

The Mast pan is a really good one, but it you plan on doing a lot of road course events, I would go with the Autocraft Pan. It has much better baffling and is a proven unit in road course applications.

I only do autocross for the most part and have had zero issue. I also talked with Stacey Tucker at DSE about the Mast pan and she never had a problem with it in her '69 Camaro.

Hope this helps,
Matt

Does anyone know whether the Autocraft oil pan will clear the tru-turn? I'm also curious about whether the Autocraft offers enough strength to the block compared to a cast pan (I read somewhere they were structurally important)?
Old 10-13-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativefx View Post
Does anyone know whether the Autocraft oil pan will clear the tru-turn? I'm also curious about whether the Autocraft offers enough strength to the block compared to a cast pan (I read somewhere they were structurally important)?
Don't know for sure, but comparing the measurements, it should fit just fine. Never seen a single complaint about the Autokraft pan, so structural support isn't an issue that I've heard of. In fact, never heard of Any aftermarket pan reducing structural integrity. It's a solid unit.

'69 'Vert Camaro: DSE Sub-Frame, DSE Mini-Tub, DSE Four-Link w/9inch. LME LS7 427, T56. Tuned by Ed Hutchings, :SOLD!
Old 10-13-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativefx View Post
You could speak to Kurt at Autokraft (17158745921). He is very helpful
Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors, FIKSE FM5s
Old 10-13-2015, 11:19 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I've got an AutoKraft pan on my motor, it's a nice piece.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:28 AM

Thanks guys, I am ordering the Mast pan through Tom Farrington I appreciate all the help.