Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Safety Equipment
User Name
Password

Old 10-04-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68protouring454 View Post
I think its a nice piece and sounds like it works perfect, not a hi jack, just a thought out loud.
sorry scott.
No worries Jake.Alot of guys dont want a full fire system in a street car w/interior.I just thought this would be sometime I could do that nobody else was doing.I like working on new product's that nice folks might need.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwelder62 View Post
Mary,Thank's for Posting.I hope you never have to use it.But if you do I hope it help's.The Retail price will be $75.95 including powder coating & shipping. Thank's Scott Mock.
Scott,
Add one of those to the list with the rear suspension, lower dash and radiator closeout. Nice piece of equipment I would love to have just in case.

1970 Camaro.....on the road someday!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radrambler View Post
Thats kinda nice to HIJACK a thread about something someone made for another member and say they should do something else ?
I dont get that .
If you like what someone did great !! if you think they should do something different then send them a pm.
Im amazed at how many time is see people do this to threads when all someone is trying to do is show what they did or what they like.

Tom

Kinda a hijack??? Sounds like more to another option to me.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
No worries Jake.Alot of guys dont want a full fire system in a street car w/interior.
Sorry to butt in but not so good argument. If my car ever got fire, I woundnt care about my interior. Just wanted to go down, fast. Street or race car.

The bottle hanger is nice piece if needed. Here in Europe quick release hanger cames with the bottle.

The best place for fire ex. is in the floor a front of drivers seat. It is not at you way at anyway. When you get out, you automaticly grap it with you. I know, been there, done that. In a rallycar.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:15 PM

We came up with quick release mount so you didn't have to screw with those dumb ass clamps.I dont want the thing right in front of the seat,because when someone else drives my car they have to slide the seat forward because I'm 6'3" tall.Beside's if you don't like the mount don't buy the thing.Mary like's it and I like it.That's all that matter's.I would like to see someone else come up with something better for less money.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
We came up with quick release mount so you didn't have to screw with those dumb ass clamps.I dont want the thing right in front of the seat,because when someone else drives my car they have to slide the seat forward because I'm 6'3" tall.Beside's if you don't like the mount don't buy the thing.Mary like's it and I like it.That's all that matter's.I would like to see someone else come up with something better for less money.

Lateral-g Feature - https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=44186

Build thread - https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...ght=brownstone

Special thanks to Matt's Classic Bowties along with
Old 06-15-2013, 11:53 PM

Scott, or anyone else that knows...

Can this be mounted horizontally? I would like to have an extinguisher in my car, but I can't envision a good place inside the cab for it, so I may go for the trunk... I'm wondering if it would be effective/safe in a horizontal position?

Thanx!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:12 AM

We mounted extinguishers horizontally in school buses for the decade that I wrenched on those with no Ill effects. Everyone should know extinguishers should be "checked" monthly if nothing more than thumping it with a rubber mallet, shake vigorously, observe the gauge to be dead center. At an absolute minimum do this annually.
Cool product Scott. Thanks for sharing Mary.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:26 AM

The simple stainless steel band clamp on a hand held fire extinguisher is not meant for race car mounting,it's meant to hang it on a wall. You will notice the bracket that comes with the extinguisher has a space for a second band clamp. Your local extinguisher service company can supply you with the second band to hold it more securely in case of a roll over or crash. Or ask for a boat bracket.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:32 AM

Great product Scott! I struggled with a decent mounting system for my dads Studebaker...which reminds me, I should probably check the charge on that one!

An extinguisher is something everyone should have in any car. It's not a good feeling when it's smokin and flaming up and you can't do anything about it.

Don't be dumb, get Scott's bracket and mount one in your ride!

Dan