Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-06-2006, 09:25 PM

btw hotrod ,what kind of power do you expect rosie to put down? the rear diff is totally cool. final gears?
Old 11-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Rod, Rosie looks awesome. Congrats on getting her to the show, I can't wait to see it in person. All the stangs were nice, I liked the overall look of them all, IMHO The Reactor looked amazing.
Project pics of my '69
Camaro Performers Magazine Feature
Old 11-06-2006, 11:23 PM

we expect her to run 1000 plus on pump gas and as far as we want to go on fuel. it is a true quick change with 2:76 gears good for 230 and we can get any ratio we like. thanks for the great comments on the car. would have liked to have entered the race but was happy to be there, not finished so not allowed to win is what they said, I liked all the cars but have to say they were all so different that it was alot about taste and personal opinion. If someone liked one they didnt really like the others. well all I have to say is lets line them up in the new year and see who has got the best performance numbers since thats what they are all about. No disrespect to any of the other builders I loved the quality of their work but it is their style and mine is mine thats what is so great about all this.

Last edited by hotrods; 11-06-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

This one looked pretty nice too:
Attached Images

Project pics of my '69
Camaro Performers Magazine Feature
Old 11-07-2006, 03:01 PM

I have to ask? What race is it that cannot have been entered without a finished car? I was not aware of this race. Didn't Bob's Cuda get a big award, and was not finished?

I thought Rosie's workmanship was very good, the theme, a bit over the top and maybe did not flow right for me, but that is personal taste. But Cudos to the craftsmanship.

Now this 230MPH stuff, I am not sure any sanctioning body will allow this attempt with all those ground and smoothed welds everywhere.

And I think I already said it somewhere else, Ring Bros, SMOTY!

JMHO!
Old 11-07-2006, 06:09 PM

just out of curiosity, how much emphasis do the SMOTY awards put on performance? i honestly dont know . or do they care? could a car without the performance of a new vette win? or is function not important? just a question
Old 11-07-2006, 06:16 PM

btw hotrod . the previous post is correct. you didnt win the big prize. the car wasnt finished and as the previous post mentions the cuda last year wasnt finished and still won ( maybe implying youre making excuses). dont worry, you built a fantastic car. not every car can win the big show. dont worry about what others say,you cant beat yourself up for not finishing or winning. dont fall for the bait.there will always be those who want to rub it in
Old 11-07-2006, 09:06 PM

felix thanks man, the Mothers people came to me and said straight up we want to give you the shine award but have never given it to an unfinished car and if I bring it back next year they will give it to me hands down. They felt the car was the most original looking build that followed no on elses trends and build style, they came back 10 times and said they would have loved to give it to me. dont want to take anything away from the Ring Brothers I like them alot. thats why I didnt get into any of this. I was in the booth for the better part of the show and heard what people thoight of the car and that is all I really care about not awards the mass public is what counts not a couple of people making a decision about what they like and giving an award for it. Just my 2 cents and yes I am allowed to give them just like everyone else, I do not take offence to anyone not liking my build style as it is not for all people I might not like the stuff that others like and thats what is cool about it but making an oppinion is different than cramming what you like down peoples throats...............cant we all just say nice things or nothing at all. If I learned one thing about this is it is all in the PR machine whether you strike it big in this whole thing or not. If you can get your build pics in every issue of PHR before it is finished then Debute it at SEMA it is a guaranteed famous ride. again my 2 cents well maybe 1.5 cents
Old 11-07-2006, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrods
If I learned one thing about this is it is all in the PR machine whether you strike it big in this whole thing or not. If you can get your build pics in every issue of PHR before it is finished then Debute it at SEMA it is a guaranteed famous ride. again my 2 cents well maybe 1.5 cents
Hey, send me build pics and I will put them in my magazine

Seriously.. [email protected]

Loved your ride..

See Bad Penny run the cones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GUPPIX-92U

1971 Chevelle Wagon - Roadster Shop Chassis ProCharged Shafiroff LS and lots of yada yada

1968 Camaro - Project Track Rat - 440 RHS LS
Old 11-07-2006, 09:42 PM

Thanks Steve I will get you some as soon as I can.