Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2013, 08:58 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Congrats Chris. If you looked up persistence in the dictionary it shows your picture. Bring the car to the labor day show----No Limit is hosting the autocross---and it's a larger one this year--plus some of the guys you know will be there! Hope to catch up with you soon bro.

D
Old 07-31-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFRESH View Post
Congrats Chris. If you looked up persistence in the dictionary it shows your picture. Bring the car to the labor day show----No Limit is hosting the autocross---and it's a larger one this year--plus some of the guys you know will be there! Hope to catch up with you soon bro.
D
Great, my photo is in the dictionary twice, because it's next to the word 'broke' also. Will be there for the Labor Day show and look forward to catching up with everyone. Will bring my own AAA card just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC71Nova View Post
^^^ What he said ^^^ . Congrats on getting to the enjoyment point. Still just a dream for many of us
Much appreciated. Not sure how I finished really. Not sure where 4 years of my life went also. I can actually look in the mirror and see that I built a '69 Camaro basically twice. It'll probably show up on my next ultrasound also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in SoCal View Post
Hey Chris - so glad you're out there enjoying the car! Sounds like a beast . Lets get together next time I head south?
Yep, she's a beast, just the way I wanted her. Just text or call me next time you're headed over to BOS. I'll drive on over. Would love to finally see your ride in person and let you bring me up to speed on everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSV View Post
Thanks for the update. I've been down on my project and wanted to hear a positive experience from another bbc. How do you like the fuel injection and how is the throttle response. Would love to see a video or sound clip.
Been there many times on the 'been down on my project' front. Still am sometimes when I think about it what it cost me to bring it to life(twice). But it's starting to be worth it now, so I can only say 'hang in there'. The fuel injection upgrade probably cost me $5K when it was all said and done, but I think I nailed it with my selection of various components. Could NOT be happier. Throttle response is rediculous. So glad to be rid of the hesitation and the car dying on hard stops. No gas smell either. Probably would be the same power had I gone with a carb, or probably could've gotten more power with a tunnel style manifold, but I'm old fashioned and wanted the round air filter look. Plus it tucks up into the cowl hood nicely for some cold air. Is the improvement worth $5K, all the extra wiring and plumbing, the extra weight, and the difficulty in troubleshooting when something goes wrong? Hmmm...tough to answer that one. I think it is, but just barely. Now if the system craps out on me a few months down the road, I may have a different opinion!

Sorry about not putting out a video clip yet. I wanted to get the 500 miles on her before I did something proper for a video clip. Just trying to be careful, although I've failed a few times. Will post one soon. Valvetrain is a little noisy. I think Comp Cams made the cam lobes rectangular for the XE grind and they don't like to admit it. Plenty of power throughout the band though, so it's a trade-off I guess. If I ever need to refresh the engine a few years down the road, I'll go with different cam. You sure as hell don't notice any valve train noise when the throttle's mashed though. All you hear are the mufflers screaming.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:06 AM

C-Rob.... it's great to see you getting to drive this thing. And yes please share pics and video with us ASAP....

Sounds like you got pretty much what you were wanting and planning for. Nice when things work out like that.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 08-02-2013, 08:55 PM

Love this build, Im building a 496 and would love to go EFI but I have the funds for the motor and a speed tech front clip so its getting a carb, but one day would love to have what you did to yours. Grats on getting things lined out and cant wait to see more pic's and vid's

Oh btw all your pic's are not showing up just little x's
Old 08-05-2013, 09:47 AM

Sorry about missing your last few updates, but congrats on getting it up and running Chris.
Project pics of my '69
Camaro Performers Magazine Feature
Old 08-05-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WicKeD_SS View Post
Love this build, Im building a 496 and would love to go EFI but I have the funds for the motor and a speed tech front clip so its getting a carb, but one day would love to have what you did to yours. Grats on getting things lined out and cant wait to see more pic's and vid's

Oh btw all your pic's are not showing up just little x's
Sorry about the pics not showing. I canceled my subscription to GoDaddy that was hosting my site and my photos. I'll post most of them back to this thread once I get the videos created and posted to YouTube.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybar View Post
Sorry about missing your last few updates, but congrats on getting it up and running Chris.
Thanks Ryan. Love the recent photos you posted with your ride and Raj's black '69 together. I'm sure you guys were getting a lot of attention on that cruise. Quite a pairing of cars.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr2002ca View Post
Sorry about the pics not showing. I canceled my subscription to GoDaddy that was hosting my site and my photos. I'll post most of them back to this thread once I get the videos created and posted to YouTube.
Take a look at SmugMug.com, they've been nearly flawless for me the last 6 years. I have 10,618 images totalling 40.8 GB stored with them. It's the best $40 a year I spend. If you like it throw me a referral bone with this code: achuJuglTx7pQ. They have four tiers, I'm using the basic.

They just radically upgraded the functionality and appearance last week. I believe SmugMug was originally created by the owner (Baldy) of ADVrider.com forum.

Best of all no ads or spam, just solid photo/video management hosting.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:45 PM

Chris

Great meeting you today. Your car is way nicer in person than anyone can image by looking at the pictures on the net. except for that blue PS hose.

Nice to see you beating the crap out of it today on that greasy parking lot.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 11-24-2013, 01:16 AM

Oh, thanks, I really appreciate that Rob. It was great to finally meet and chat with you also. Yes, that peanut track was slick and the 2 tight u-turns gave my limited turning radius all sorts of fits(not to mention my driving skills obtained at the Stevie Wonder school of racing). The car with all of its changes actually held up nicely though and I'm going back on Sunday morning to try a few more laps. I'm sorry for bailing on the group without saying goodbye. My poor wife's been fighting the flu and she was being a total trooper out there filming my mess on the track and trying to pretend she wasn't feel like sh_t. When we drove off to get the car weighed by RideTech, her fever was creeping up on her again so I thought it would be best to get her home asap. I should've said goodbye to everyone before we went to get the car weighed(which didn't happen because they closed 5 minutes before we got there). Still working on my pathetic social skills.

LOL, yah, I'll work on getting that blue hose to be black again. That was killing my engine compartment. -1 OUSCI design points.

It was great to hear about the progress on your ride and plans for Silver State. That should be sick. Your car is serious business.