Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-09-2006, 02:35 PM

Ahhhh, projects. I am currently actively working on two of my own projects smattered with some really cool customer cars. These are a 70 Camaro, and a 68 Ply. Satellite. Behind these, I have a complete basket case 65 FB Mustang, and my wife's 62 vette, both of which will get the total makeover. Last weekend, it took every ounce of restraint not to buy a local 69 Chevelle, but I am certain that I won't be able to resist buying one like that "next time," unless a 61 Impala comes along (I have complete stroker rat motor that needs a home, either one of these cars would be a great place to put it).

Beyond all of that, the current project that I think about constantly is a full on track car, based on a 67 Chev II. It'd (well, "will" actually) be a full tube frame deal, with a moderate motor setback at the same time dropping it on the ground via dry-sump. Fiberglass/composite body with full aero, and race slicks. Power would be a Duttweiler type V6 twin turbo motor, light as anything, and huge power (750-ish HP), and the car weight would be around 2300 lbs, wet, less if possible. Sequential trans, three link (of course) rear. Maybe it wouldn't have the refinement of a current Daytona Prototype car ($500k with motor...), but with the extra 200 HP, it would be able to hang with them without too much trouble on the track. Now that's what I call "in your face" cool. I'd put a bumper sticker on the back that says "Bite Me." And I'd probably buy stock in Hoosier too.

Mark
Old 06-09-2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean 69
Ahhhh, projects. I am currently actively working on two of my own projects smattered with some really cool customer cars. These are a 70 Camaro, and a 68 Ply. Satellite. Behind these, I have a complete basket case 65 FB Mustang, and my wife's 62 vette, both of which will get the total makeover. Last weekend, it took every ounce of restraint not to buy a local 69 Chevelle, but I am certain that I won't be able to resist buying one like that "next time," unless a 61 Impala comes along (I have complete stroker rat motor that needs a home, either one of these cars would be a great place to put it).

Beyond all of that, the current project that I think about constantly is a full on track car, based on a 67 Chev II. It'd (well, "will" actually) be a full tube frame deal, with a moderate motor setback at the same time dropping it on the ground via dry-sump. Fiberglass/composite body with full aero, and race slicks. Power would be a Duttweiler type V6 twin turbo motor, light as anything, and huge power (750-ish HP), and the car weight would be around 2300 lbs, wet, less if possible. Sequential trans, three link (of course) rear. Maybe it wouldn't have the refinement of a current Daytona Prototype car ($500k with motor...), but with the extra 200 HP, it would be able to hang with them without too much trouble on the track. Now that's what I call "in your face" cool. I'd put a bumper sticker on the back that says "Bite Me." And I'd probably buy stock in Hoosier too.

Mark
Hey, you need to call me about you next upcoming project..

See Bad Penny run the cones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GUPPIX-92U

1971 Chevelle Wagon - Roadster Shop Chassis ProCharged Shafiroff LS and lots of yada yada

1968 Camaro - Project Track Rat - 440 RHS LS
Old 06-09-2006, 02:58 PM

As Soon as The New Dodge Challenger comes out Im goning to fine one That Been totaled and put in my 528 hemi in it That I had laying around for 5 years now.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:43 PM

My next project will be the 1965 Buick Special that I drove in high school. My dad got it cheap, then got rearended twice, so there's some bodywork to do. I drove it for at least 4 years before I got my Camaro. The car holds sentimental value, so I'm basically going to restore it. Not a 100 point resto, but not like the Camaro. It's going to wind up a family cruiser...... If I can ever find someone to start a family with.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean 69

Mark
Your next project sounds a lot like my current one minus the full chassis, full slicks, engine, dry sump, aero package, comp body, weight, & seq trans.
63 Nova 'Low Budget G-Machine' *SOLD*
Old 06-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Supporting Member

I would want to do a 67' Camaro or a 69' Challenger into a trans-am style car. With all the old looks and everything classic, it would be the original pro-touring in the original form.

Tim
Old 06-09-2006, 05:29 PM

A kit Daytona Coupe or a glass bodied chopped '32 five window.......if I had the money.....which I dont.

....or drop a fiberglass Mustang fb body over a recent T/A tube chassis.

Last edited by Damn True; 06-09-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:56 PM

Id like to drop a Ferrari V12 in this thing

Old 06-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

A '56 Bel-Air 2-door HT with either an LS7 or a EFI 572, I would also consider a '55
Project pics of my '69
Camaro Performers Magazine Feature
Old 06-09-2006, 07:43 PM

I used to think my ultimate would be a 1968 Camaro. . . But after a little ride in Bill Howell's GTO. . . I am starting to lean in that direction.