Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-19-2013, 09:26 AM

The interior color of the COPO car might have been the killer? That car looked really good in the pics except for the hood liner and the vomit green interior.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
There could be an issue with the adjustable ride height system or it was simply left in that position when the photos were shot.

Good point 'Herr Sieg'.

You're good, you're very good!

Skip
Old 01-19-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
There could be an issue with the adjustable ride height system or it was simply left in that position when the photos were shot.

Wow! Instant rally car! Learn something new on here everyday.

Jeff-
Old 01-19-2013, 09:36 AM

Tons of Shelbys. Seems everyone is trying to capitalize on Carrolls death. And yet, they don't seem to be going for crazy prices. Everyone remembers Enzos passing and what it did to Ferrari prices... but that was a unique economic time I think.

Jeff-
Old 01-19-2013, 09:41 AM

Thanked 1,079 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
The interior color of the COPO car might have been the killer? That car looked really good in the pics except for the hood liner and the vomit green interior.
Agree on the interior - but to a COPO collector -- those cars are pretty dang rare.

Sometimes -- and I've been involved with this personally -- there's "rumors" etc about the real provenance of a car... or the stamp pad etc... but of course that's not talked about on TV - but the crowd that knows these cars can be all abuzz about it.

At 115K --- I'd have taken it straight to the upholstery shop and done it in black houndstooth DELUXE interior... and then driven it.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:46 AM

Thanked 1,079 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
Tons of Shelbys. Seems everyone is trying to capitalize on Carrolls death. And yet, they don't seem to be going for crazy prices. Everyone remembers Enzos passing and what it did to Ferrari prices... but that was a unique economic time I think.

Jeff-

Jeff -- I noticed that too. So as an example without going to an actual sale here -- there's LS motored '69 Camaro's etc going for more than REAL Shelby's... and that seems to me a bit odd. One is faddish -- the other is or was collectible.

I'm also seeing "restorations" going low. '57 Convertibles for 100K and struggling to get there... and '57 T-birds struggling for 100K bids... mind you they're stock restorations but those used to be money cars.

I think in the last 10 years now -- we're seeing the AGING of the stock restoration crowd --- and the coming of age of the "give me a car I can drive and enjoy" crowd?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Jeff -- I noticed that too. So as an example without going to an actual sale here -- there's LS motored '69 Camaro's etc going for more than REAL Shelby's... and that seems to me a bit odd. One is faddish -- the other is or was collectible.

I'm also seeing "restorations" going low. '57 Convertibles for 100K and struggling to get there... and '57 T-birds struggling for 100K bids... mind you they're stock restorations but those used to be money cars.

I think in the last 10 years now -- we're seeing the AGING of the stock restoration crowd --- and the coming of age of the "give me a car I can drive and enjoy" crowd?
I think your right on the mark Greg. That crowd is getting older and combined with the parts available now, people are realizing how much more comfortable and fun it is to get in the thing and drive!
A long time customer of mine is a big numbers matching kind of guy(we did his 57 vette) and he just showed up a couple weeks ago with a extremely nice, numbers matching 57 Belair conv. He bought it for $70k, and I was thinking that car might have gone for double that a few years ago.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:50 PM

Ya I can never figure Barrett-Jax out, a couple years ago while I was there an all original, including paint, 1966 427 Triple Black 29k original mile Impala Convertible sold for 30 something thousand... People at the auction were commenting how dull the original paint looked

67 Plymouth Valiant
69 Barracuda Convertible
Old 01-19-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Lot 1012 - The Tucci built AMBR contender car -- 66K are you kidding me -- there's 40K in paint on that car!

I thought the Willys in general were low... While these are big money cars.. I'm surprised they can't fetch half what they cost to build.

And the Corvettes that used to zoom to 175K are kind of struggling to get to the 100K mark.

1031 - COPO 427 Camaro -- 115K --- I'd have bought that in a heartbeat!

1034 - V code Cuda -- 137K -- that was CLONE money a few years ago!
I agree with you, Greg on all accounts... I'm surprised Charley didn't win that ZL1 engine too... 80k--wow.

Little more air time for Charley... Lookin good!

Last edited by JohnC; 01-19-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Supporting Member

I was expecting a few of the higher end customs to to a little better so far on Sat.

Like this mustang: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...n=1287&aid=466

Only 100k. People pay more then that for those hack Eleanor cars.