Old 05-27-2014, 03:36 PM

Any info on the Mongoose vette?

Billy you were rolling!
Old 05-27-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Fixed it for ya again buddy!

LOL
I knew we kept you around here from something!
'67 Chevy II -
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=46846

I have about 3 lifetimes worth of projects planned out in my head!
Old 05-27-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Fixed it for ya again buddy!

LOL

Thanks Again Greg, I'm still a video newbie lol

Quote:
Billy - could you start to fell the aero limitations of the car at that speed? I would think you would, but??????
Yes Brandon, I definitely could tell I was driving a brick through the air. The car would benefit from some aero work and power if it was to go much faster.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:08 PM

Guys I was thinking about competing in the next event in Sebring, but do you think the stock brake setup would cut it?
Old 05-27-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72novadriver View Post
Here is a video with a different angle under the lights at night.
http://youtu.be/INKDrck03VI

I just wanted to tell you that every time I saw your car run this past weekend, it impressed me. Nice job with it...and your driving.

I could tell you were having a hoot driving it as well.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:12 PM

I don't know where to even start. Jimi, Wally and there crew are 100% all in. They miss very little. Everything runs like a well oiled machine. I have run 2 of these events and you will be wore out. So are they expensive no actually pretty cheap if you consider track time per dollar spent.

I hear a lot about track experience.

How will you ever get better if you don't go to the track. No one will make fun or judge you if your slow. Everyone will help you get faster if you ask them. There are free instructors there. Did I mention they are FREE. What would that cost you to buy?

After the first session they start the cars in the order of speed. So if your slow you not going to hold people up. If you improve a lot you can ask to be moved up a class. HOURS of track time will make you better.

Then the question is my car good enough.

There is one way to find this out. Put it on the track. You DO NOT have to have the best of everything to run your car.

The real truth is if you learn to drive the car and then learn to drive the car to its limits you will become a good driver. As you find the limits you can start improving the car. You will learn more from a slower car then a overpowered rocket ship with a monster set of brakes.
Purpose Built Cars since 1999
Complete Turn Key Builds Custom Fab and Chassis shop

Dealer for Ridetech, Detroit Speed, Vintage Air, Billet Speacalties, Forgeline, Flamming River, No-Limit, SoffSeal, Wilwood, American Autowire, BeCool, Moser Engineering, MotorState and many more
Old 05-28-2014, 12:23 AM

Daytona looked kick azz! The pics and video are great. Thanks to all for sharing. For a brief moment I was back on the track at TMS for the USCA event in March. Pretty fun to live vicariously through those of you that attended Daytona. Bill's video of the road course was awesome to see the cars out on the high banks. Rumor has it some GT3 cars do not go as fast as some of the competitors at the event last weekend. Like someone else wrote, the sound of LS engines winding it out on the track will always be a sweet memory.

And GW, somehow I feel being called a "bung hole" is a compliment coming from you. HA! People really are missing out if they are not participating in these events. The driver education alone is worth every penny of the USCA registration and membership fee. Get a few buddies and sign up using the the referral discount and go drive your damn cars. Can't wait for Gateway in July.

1973 Trans Am "KLRBRD"
1969 Camaro SOLD
2014 Stingray Z51 SOLD

Old 05-28-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72novadriver View Post
Thanks Again Greg, I'm still a video newbie lol

Yes Brandon, I definitely could tell I was driving a brick through the air. The car would benefit from some aero work and power if it was to go much faster.
I'll confirm the newbie part Greg, he tagged his first person on Facebook this weekend, me, and I wasn't even in the picture lol

We had such a great time, the adrenaline rush was amazing and continuous. If Billy is driving a brick, then I must be driving a cement block as I was only running just under 130..the car had a bit more, but the guy in control of it didn't. Maybe a few more track days would help with that.

I'm still loading pictures and videos and I'll put a link here when I'm done.

66 Corvette, Spirit of '66
Project G-Vette
Old 05-28-2014, 07:46 AM

Link to my Photobucket. I'll be adding lots more pics.

http://s1207.photobucket.com/user/65...Daytona%202014
66 Corvette, Spirit of '66
Project G-Vette
Old 05-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,079 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chichirone View Post
Daytona looked kick azz! The pics and video are great. Thanks to all for sharing. For a brief moment I was back on the track at TMS for the USCA event in March. Pretty fun to live vicariously through those of you that attended Daytona. Bill's video of the road course was awesome to see the cars out on the high banks. Rumor has it some GT3 cars do not go as fast as some of the competitors at the event last weekend. Like someone else wrote, the sound of LS engines winding it out on the track will always be a sweet memory.

And GW, somehow I feel being called a "bung hole" is a compliment coming from you. HA! People really are missing out if they are not participating in these events. The driver education alone is worth every penny of the USCA registration and membership fee. Get a few buddies and sign up using the the referral discount and go drive your damn cars. Can't wait for Gateway in July.

Jay --- If I thought people would take it personally I wouldn't have said it that way... It would have been much worse! LOL - But you and Donny are still bungholes.

Like you -- I missed being there! And once you've actually done one of these events you do re-live the events you did attend. I'm pretty sure that you're one of the guys that IF YOU COULD....you'd do every event in the series. I know I would love to be able to check off every one of the tracks offered. Not to mention hanging with my buddies from all over the country.

I expected these events to be sold out with a waiting list. For the life of me I don't understand it.

HERE'S THE DEAL FOR ME.... it's not about supporting the USCA... it's about the AMAZING FUN PEOPLE WILL HAVE. The chance to go out and drive these tracks in a format that is welcoming and fun - and your friends are there etc... that's why I URGE people to go out and do these. By supporting the USCA only guarantees that we'll be able to continue to do these events.

Trust me - if you've ever been to OUSCI... you're hooked on just being there. These are your friends out there - the cars driven are the ones you've been reading about here - and now you get to go see 'em and meet the guys that built 'em etc. Hang out side by side - gain some knowledge - borrow tools... tell lies...