Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-07-2006, 12:25 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

The Motor looks insane Brent, you are building the car I want to build next. (only I want a '56 HT)
Project pics of my '69
Camaro Performers Magazine Feature
Old 06-07-2006, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironworks
Man that thing is lookin good. Should be an awesome ride. What are you running for the custom chassis?
I only asked about the headers because they are a fun project but a total labor of love, So if your gonna labor on the headers it might as well be on a bad ass car. And not to many people do it and do it with a style and function.

I have a few guys wanting a tube chassis for a 55-57 like I have under my truck with some C6 stuff. So I'm wondering want the custom stuff looks like.

Thanks
Rodger-

I had Jim Meyer Racing build the chassis. I wanted a full round tube chassis, but he really didn't want to go there. So we agreed on using 2x4 rails & use round tubing on the cross members. We moved the rear suspension up in the car 5" over stock to get the car to sit as low as it is with a 30" tall tire, yet still have 3" of upward travel from ride height. Doing this though meant we also had to move the motor and tranny up 3" as well to keep the driveline angle correct.

There is a guy up this way that build round tube chassis' for tri-fives. He is set up to do it with LS-1 motors & vette suspension. I wanted a big block and with the Vette susp you have to run positive offset wheels. I really did not want to run positve offset wheels. I wanted to deep dish "Hotrod" look so to speak. A sacifice on my part I guess, cause I know the Vette stuff handles awesome. I enclosed a few pics of the my chassis & the round tube chassis. It's a nice piece.

Brent
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2006, 04:42 PM

Default wow

That is one of the best jim meyer chassis's I have seen. I love the look of tube chassis stuff. Rigidity though is an issue. But some design and though can make that happen. the tube chassis you showed is Mike Graham's. I guess he is trying to develop a square tube chassis for tri 5's through the guy who did his original chassis. We have done quite a bit with the corvette stuff in trucks, including C4 and C5-C6. You can narrow the width with some geometry refinements to work on the roll center. I narrowed the width of my C6 stuff under my truck to 60" and bought a custom rack from Woodward.

Well you latest project is lookin good, maybe if we both will finish our projects someday. I'm shooting for SEMA.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:12 PM

looking good ricochet, what's the color on the interior gonna look like? if ya don't mind my input i would think a two tone color would be nice, maybe a black with a a black cherry suede and some white stiching
Old 06-07-2006, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvawgn
looking good ricochet, what's the color on the interior gonna look like? if ya don't mind my input i would think a two tone color would be nice, maybe a black with a a black cherry suede and some white stiching
I'm always up for input..God knows I can use all the help I can get!! WE have a few ideas in the works for the interior. It will be nothing like the 57. Should be pretty cool though..Hopefully?
Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironworks
That is one of the best jim meyer chassis's I have seen. I love the look of tube chassis stuff. Rigidity though is an issue. But some design and though can make that happen. the tube chassis you showed is Mike Graham's. I guess he is trying to develop a square tube chassis for tri 5's through the guy who did his original chassis. We have done quite a bit with the corvette stuff in trucks, including C4 and C5-C6. You can narrow the width with some geometry refinements to work on the roll center. I narrowed the width of my C6 stuff under my truck to 60" and bought a custom rack from Woodward.

Well you latest project is lookin good, maybe if we both will finish our projects someday. I'm shooting for SEMA.
Thanks for kudos Rodger. I'm very happy with the chassis Jim put together for me. Jim is great to work with. I like the fact that he will work with you on building a custom piece. I'm very impressed with the chassis under your truck. AS far as SEMA...I'm not even going to try at this point. I'm going ot keep plugging away & with a little help I think I'll be done sometime next summer.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:21 PM

Default progress

nice to see you and i are back making progress...

keep the pics coming........you know i will

lookin good
radrambler
Old 06-17-2006, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radrambler
nice to see you and i are back making progress...

keep the pics coming........you know i will

lookin good
radrambler
Thanks!! Actually feels good making forward progress for once! I worked n the floors today. I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll have floors done from the back seat to the bumper.

Nice to hear you're back on treack as well.

Congrats on the wedding!! Have you guys had the baby yet??

Brent
Old 06-20-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Not Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
Thanks!! Actually feels good making forward progress for once! I worked n the floors today. I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll have floors done from the back seat to the bumper.

Nice to hear you're back on treack as well.

Congrats on the wedding!! Have you guys had the baby yet??

Brent
thanks ..its great to be working on the rambler again.
THE BABY IS DUE FIST WEEK OF OCTOBER.....Avery is HER name ....YES IM HAVING A GIRL .....help me lord. ....im thrilled ...cant wait till shes here....
ill be posting pics regular......

radrambler
Old 06-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Looks great Brent. I like the square tube/round tube combo better. The all round tube design just looks flimsy. It probably isn't--but it looks that way. Your chassis looks way more purpose built.

Ridetech.com