Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 10-09-2012, 03:25 PM

Default Afco adjusters with Landrum 8" springs?

Hey all -

'69 Camaro suspension redo is JUST ABOUT done. Ride height is now getting attention. I have Afco 9.5"h 600# springs and Afco adjusters installed. I helix-cut the adjusters and welded threaded rod...it all works very nicely. BUT even with the adjusters tightened up 100%, the car is about .5" too high. I read repeatedly that Afco adjusters would provide more than enough adjustment to handle anything but evidently not. After going through this process, I am not happy having no downward adjustability. Has anyone else had this experience with Afco springs + adjusters being too short? I read all of the good feedback but I've not heard about this problem before.

I found that Landrum has 8"h X 5"w springs in all popular rates. Based on the math, it appears that these will work. I ordered a pair and will install in the coming days.

Anyone use Landrum springs + adjusters with success?

Thx,
Nick
Old 10-09-2012, 03:37 PM

I used the afco adjusters and 8" springs in my very first pt suspension build. they worked well.

since I had aftermarket flat bottomed lower a-arms, I put the adjusters on the bottom for ease of adjustment. my car was VERY low so I ended up trimming a little off of the bottom of the adjusters to center the collar in the adjustment range at ride. this let me fine tune up or down as needed.

98 trans-am...black ram air convertable....firehawk bilstein suspension.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:53 PM

Cool...thx SR71. I'll get some pics posted once this is squared up.