Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-28-2016, 09:43 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Jim at AutoRad makes the best stuff money can buy! Nobody will ever go wrong using his stuff!!

Looks good Ken!!
Old 01-29-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Some sweet part there. That Auto Rad is a beautiful set up. Ken did they make the heat exchanger too. It looks nice and thick compared to what we can fit on the Camaros.

No......I bought it off ebay,,.......AutoRad fabricated the mounting tabs.....(Not mounted in the pic....Just sitting there)

Ken
Old 01-30-2016, 07:07 PM

So........I needed room to hide the ECM and the TCM along with the additional fuse panel.......The existing set-up in the car had the passenger side fresh air vent zip tied closed........As I was looking at getting that working again.........I thought how that area under the fender would make a nice out of the way mounting area for the modules if the vent tubes weren't there........So.....Guess what.......They are now gone (had to sawzall them in half)......I took out both sides as I will now use the drivers side for the Inlet air and a cold air set-up.........Perfect.....hated to cut up the perfect rust free vent tubes........But....I'll make up some block off plates to seal off the openings to keep the hot air out..Here are a couple of pic's

Old 01-31-2016, 10:47 AM

This is going be a very nice cruiser when completed !!
Old 01-31-2016, 08:02 PM

I also got a Gas Strut kit from Mike at Madmooks...........Took out the old and in with the new......

Old 02-16-2016, 08:03 PM

O.K.........Back at it..........Made a simple mounting plate for the control modules out of 1/4" plastic........Then I got it mounted in the fender well area so it is basically out of the way......Gonna make a mounting bracket for the GM supplied engine compartment fuse box.......I also got the trans cross member bolted in and got the engine drivetrain angle set......Need to make a couple 2 degree angle blocks to change the pinion angle to match the engine.......I also spun the engine over today to get some oil pressure......after getting all the wiring finished up next week I still need to deal with the fuel system......among other things....but...we are getting closer

Old 02-16-2016, 08:14 PM

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Looks good Ken! I figured you must be down playing golf with Lillard on his island.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:49 PM

Before I could finish up the engine compartment wiring......I had to close up the fresh air vent openings in the Firewall after removing the vent tubes for mounting space for the control modules......So....I made a couple plates to seal the holes today......Got the passenger side installed (LOL...No room to get at the upper screw as it is right behind the A/C unit.....Took awhile)......And........While I was at it.....I had another issue that was making me crazy.....After getting the basic engine wires hooked up, I turned the key to start and expected the engine to crank over......Nothing.......Humm!!.....Checked the wires at the neutral safety switch.......Power there.......Solenoid wire at the starter.....no power.....Call the Tech Line at American Autowire and explain the situation.....I was told to check the plug where the wire goes thru the firewall......I forgot about that....and it's tucked up behind the A/C unit......(Damm that thing)....finally get it to where I can see it and noticed that the power terminal wasn't snapped into the plug body all the way and when I plugged it in it pushed the spade out.......Duhhhh!!!! Starter now works correctly....also got the GM supplied engine compartment fuse panel installed .......and Time for a Nap!!

Old 02-21-2016, 03:03 PM

Got the drivers side fresh air vent cover plate installed.......I added a slotted area for the harnesses that needed to go inside the car......worked out perfect, after proving everything out I will seal it up with urethane........I also got the Dakota Digital gear sensor installed and hooked up inside the car along with a couple loose ends.....so.....all the wiring is completed inside the car......I just have to get the drive by wire pedal installed........so I decided to get the A/C and Defroster vents installed and put the gauge cluster back in.......everything works......even the check engine light (MAF) sensor not installed along with the gas pedal plug)........Getting Closer......Here are a bunch of Pic's

Old 02-21-2016, 09:44 PM

That's coming together nice Ken.