Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 10-11-2006, 08:08 AM

Default Can I rant/Vent???

Scott if this thread is off base, please feel free to shoot me a pm and lock it.

It has been a rough week. Out of the blue, my girlfriend of a year and a half, 19 months would have been today, just decided to up and leave, no explanation, just that she was gone. I had even bought her a 1/2 carat diamond ring. We were that serious. I gave her the world, everything she wanted...I screwed up a couple times, just talking to girls, never anything physical, but that was a long time ago. And I changed. I treated her better than she had ever been treated. and she just walks out on everything. Like it is nothing. How do you move one? how do you pick up the peices. any advice?

Artwork Page
Old 10-11-2006, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Maybe others can offer some better advice, but everything happens for a reason. It's hard to see that now, but down the road, you'll look back and realize what I mean.

Good luck.

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 10-11-2006, 09:14 AM

I've had a bad back for a long time, it has taught me much about life. Here it goes:

When I tweak my back it hurts like hell, but I keep moving, it (everytime) gets better as the days go by.

In the early years when I would hurt it, I would think about it 24/7. I would stay in bed thinking that would help it heal.

I was wrong.

I have learned over the years that no matter what happens to you in life, you HAVE to keep moving, stay busy! You will feel better as time goes by.

Keep yourself busy, MOVE and the length of time will be much shorter.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Scott and Beegs are right, move on, and one day you'll look back and see the reasons, when this happened to me, my older friend told me " don't look a gift hourse in the mouth" which what I think means be glad this is happening now instead of later, all will get better with time, I know from experiance

70 Nova SS street racer, ugly,
Old 10-11-2006, 07:37 PM

Reminds me of a phrase my wife and I toss about on occasion. You see, my wife has Multiple Sclerosis. As you might imagine, MS has brought a lot of interesting things to our lives.

Sometimes, my wife can hardly walk, other times she walks very poorly. Sometimes, she walks fairly well. Once, for about 3 weeks, she went blind in one eye. The gal who could type 85wpm suddenly because her fingers stopped working, couldn't do more than hunt and peck. Now, she back to the 85wpm. Oh, the best for last, she pees through a tube. Has to catheterize nearly every time she goes (she tells everyone, she's even writing a book). So, to our phrase;

We love the movie Tombstone, and if you have seen it, you will remember a scene where Doc Holiday is in the sanatorium talking to Waytt Earp. Doc says to Wyatt "what did you want out of life" to which Wyatt replies "oh I don't know, just a normal life I guess." Doc's answer says it all, "There's no such thing as a normal life Wyatt, there's just life, and you get on with it."

Crazy true too, there is no such thing as a normal life... and you just get on with it. The others who have posted have it right. Go do the things you otherwise might want to do. Just get out and try to have a good time.

It sucks, I know. But, it will get better.

Bill
'72 442 "Inamorata"
www.fquick.com/ProTouring442
Old 10-11-2006, 07:52 PM

If im correct you are working on your Physics Degree?? Dont dig too deep in the subject you are young and enjoy it, All things happen for one reason or another, it is better it was now than after time and children are involved, go back to talking to those other girls and dont get real involved for now somtimes its better to stand alone and have a good time. This will soon pass and you will find the only problem in life is its too short. It looks to me your young single and have a head on your shoulders I know what id be dooing ..........My wife says I cant do that any more
Old 10-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Supporting Member

I went through a similar situation years ago.

You need to greive then move on.

If that is the type of person she is, your lucky she left now and didn't waste anymore of your time.

Immerse yourself in things that will improve your life. Since your in School, bust your fanny in your studies and be glad you don't have any distraction.

There are plenty of nice girls out there that have been screwed around just like you. Before long you will meet one of them and she will appreciate a guy who won't step out on her. (If you want to keep her be sure and give her the confidense that ONLY she is your girl)

And most of all, "FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TAKING HER BACK!!!"

If you do, you get what you diserve!

This should be you ONE and Only time your going to have to go throught this garbage with her.

Suck it up, Finish School, get a Kick Ass Job and a nice PT Car and ENJOY LIFE. The right girl will find you. In the mean time build your resume!

I promise life is too damn short to involve yourself with this.

Hang in there............

tyoneal
Old 10-11-2006, 11:32 PM

thanks for all of the comments, words of wisdom, and such. I am a firm believer of things happening for a reason, part of a grander scheme. It was just so sudden and out of the blue.

Artwork Page
Old 10-12-2006, 05:06 AM

Out of the blue and sudden may turn out to be a blessing in the long run. You could have gone through months and months of arguing, sleeplessness, following her around, getting arrested for kicking someone's ass........

I have seen lots of the drama in freinds, this may have been easier.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyoneal
I went through a similar situation years ago.

You need to greive then move on.

If that is the type of person she is, your lucky she left now and didn't waste anymore of your time.

Immerse yourself in things that will improve your life. Since your in School, bust your fanny in your studies and be glad you don't have any distraction.

There are plenty of nice girls out there that have been screwed around just like you. Before long you will meet one of them and she will appreciate a guy who won't step out on her. (If you want to keep her be sure and give her the confidense that ONLY she is your girl)

And most of all, "FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TAKING HER BACK!!!"

If you do, you get what you diserve!

This should be you ONE and Only time your going to have to go throught this garbage with her.

Suck it up, Finish School, get a Kick Ass Job and a nice PT Car and ENJOY LIFE. The right girl will find you. In the mean time build your resume!

I promise life is too damn short to involve yourself with this.

Hang in there............

tyoneal
Great advice!!!
Especially the "taking her back" part.

I waited until I was 31 to get married....
Whats the hurry?
I had time to sew my oats,start a business, buy a house,own some cool cars..
I have now been married for 15 years No regrets..
Scott
G Force Design Concepts #004
Pro Touring 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
FRPP 347c.i./450hp
SSBC 4WDB,Budnik M5's
G Force T5 etc..
FOR SALE