Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 07-22-2008, 03:23 PM

Default Rear Suspension setup 69' Camaro

I've seen a lot of Quadlink stuff, but im looking for opinions on the best setup for my needs. Although a nice 4 link setup would be great to have I honestly think its a whole lot overkill for my car. Im looking to make a street car with High HP, and the abilty to go to the track every once in awhile.

I will be going with DSE Mini Tub kit, Global West full front Coilover setup, DSE Smaller Tank, Looking to go with a 18" Wheel and 335 tires.

For a car that really wont be doing any autocrossing or even heavy duty handleing.....Would i be better off with a nice DSE Leaf/Coilover setup?

I just think spending an extra $3k for a 4link system for my car would be way overkill and that 3k can be used to buy for other things.

Thanks for any help
Old 07-22-2008, 03:28 PM

im stickin with leafs on my car ive seen alot of guys that have had good success and can still hang on the auto-x with leafs..
Old 07-22-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Muscle View Post
im stickin with leafs on my car ive seen alot of guys that have had good success and can still hang on the auto-x with leafs..
Thats what i like to hear!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 05:04 PM

We do a lot of these cars and sell multiple suspension packages. You do not have to spend big bucks to get a good 4 link system that works. I just copied your post and answered in bold.

I will be going with DSE Mini Tub kit, Global West full front Coilover setup, I would not do a coil over set up. There is not enough stored spring energy, and you are limited to lowering the car only 1 1/2" without shock damage.

DSE Smaller Tank, Looking to go with a 18" Wheel and 335 tires.

For a car that really wont be doing any autocrossing or even heavy duty handleing.....Would i be better off with a nice DSE Leaf/Coilover setup? I would seriously consider a Chris Alston G Bar triangle 4 link. Not a ton of money ($1750), only a few bucks more then a leaf spring kit. Great ride, Great handling, easy installation, and no narrowed tank required. Just notch the corners of your tank for improved tailpipe clearance..

I just think spending an extra $3k for a 4link system for my car would be way overkill and that 3k can be used to buy for other things. Agreed!

Feel free to call me and discuss your project 8AM to 10PM eastern time

four zero seven 832 1752
Old 07-22-2008, 10:06 PM

Frank you are an asset to this site!!!!
Steve
Old 07-22-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms View Post
We do a lot of these cars and sell multiple suspension packages. You do not have to spend big bucks to get a good 4 link system that works. I just copied your post and answered in bold.

I will be going with DSE Mini Tub kit, Global West full front Coilover setup, I would not do a coil over set up. There is not enough stored spring energy, and you are limited to lowering the car only 1 1/2" without shock damage.

DSE Smaller Tank, Looking to go with a 18" Wheel and 335 tires.

For a car that really wont be doing any autocrossing or even heavy duty handleing.....Would i be better off with a nice DSE Leaf/Coilover setup? I would seriously consider a Chris Alston G Bar triangle 4 link. Not a ton of money ($1750), only a few bucks more then a leaf spring kit. Great ride, Great handling, easy installation, and no narrowed tank required. Just notch the corners of your tank for improved tailpipe clearance..

I just think spending an extra $3k for a 4link system for my car would be way overkill and that 3k can be used to buy for other things. Agreed!

Feel free to call me and discuss your project 8AM to 10PM eastern time

four zero seven 832 1752
Actually, ill be calling you about a Full Wilwood disc Brake Kit/setup! So maybe ill just buy a nice package from ya?

Also Does the 4 link that your talking about, work with a Mini Tub?

EDIT: I just wanted to add, my exhaust wont be going all the way to the back. So if that helps with the mini tubs and the 4 link i'll be ok.

Last edited by Smokey1226; 07-22-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:55 AM

Yes it will work with a mini tub. Here is a G Bar with the biggest performance radials you can get, 345 / 30 / 19 with a DSE mini tub. Oh yeah, it looks fricken killer when someone drives up on you too. That is the side bonus!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Like Frank said, if you're going to mini-tub the car and use leaf springs, you're going to have to have your tank modified, modify a new one, or have a custom one made. Because of the cost, it opens the door to looking at different suspension options over the leaf springs.

But, with that said, leaf springs will work great. You can get the car to drive and handle excellent with them.

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 07-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms View Post
Yes it will work with a mini tub. Here is a G Bar with the biggest performance radials you can get, 345 / 30 / 19 with a DSE mini tub. Oh yeah, it looks fricken killer when someone drives up on you too. That is the side bonus!
Bitch'n step up! I want to do something simular with my Nova, with a slightly smaller tire 315/18 or 335 if possible.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:08 AM

We have a customer doing a Nova, well, a Canadian Nova named a Acadian. Search Acadian on here and you will find some cool pictures.