Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-22-2014, 02:44 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default SEMA 2014 - Newbie Questions

Original post lost

With the 70 Camaro project now progressing, I was considering attending SEMA this year for interior ideas, products and such. This would be first visit to SEMA (but not LV )

I'm looking for suggestions from experienced SEMA folk on what to do while there, and what other car events are on following SEMA.

Ideas on how to source an admittance ticket.

Those here on Lat-G who will be attending, as I would like to catch up with as many as possible (will there be a Lat=G get together again?).

From the previous post I believe there is an Optima Challenge in LV on the Saturday which is a must do.
Also there is a Goodguys event in Scottsdale the following weekend?

Any info appreciated

68 RS Camaro Convertible LS1 6 speed
72 C10 SWB Stepside, old skool 350 4L60e
71 K5 Blazer 350sbc T350
Old 04-23-2014, 09:39 PM

WOW, just noticed your location.

I had asked a member and apparently you have to be a vendor to get in. But with that said apparently there are ways.

I was hoping to go this year to (wife willing)

I saw the photos of all the LAT-G members last year, it looks like an all out blast.

Drooling over car parts for a few days I cant afford would be fun too.

My 68 Torino
Old 04-23-2014, 11:09 PM

Not necessary a vendor but affiliated with the industry. I go as auto restoration (auto glass) and have a few vendors there. So i could contact them and have them get me in if i couldn't on my own.

So Rodger, if you or a buddy has a shop over there, ya can let SEMA know you have vendors there and your going as a buyer.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:28 AM

You have to be in the industry as a business, as it is a business to business show. Parts retailer, repair shop (through AAPEX) custom shop, autobody, glass, audio, etc etc. All you have to do is fill out the appropriate paper work and prove your business and register. Now though, to sign up people under the business you have to have pay stubs, business cards, etc to prove they work for you.

If you have a car going, you get exhibitor passes regardless of being business or not. Media can get it, and I am sure there are ways to be a guest of some sort.

Just wanted to let you know that unlike before, its hard as a business to sign up customers now unless you can prove they work for you. FYI

If you can go, and its your first time, don't plan on doing anything else tuesday to friday. You think you can, but you cant even look at it all in four days let alone do anything else. And you get sidetracked with the drifting crap out front etc etc time flies there! Its almost too big! But get optima passes if you go! And I think, but I am not entirely sure, that there is usually some event like street car shootouts or something at the dragstrip the weekend before?

You can also tour the shelby plant in the motorsports park.
www.hpicustoms.com
Old 05-02-2014, 07:06 AM

I see US Formula 1 Grand Prix is on Nov 15 -17

Who is considering going to that?

68 RS Camaro Convertible LS1 6 speed
72 C10 SWB Stepside, old skool 350 4L60e
71 K5 Blazer 350sbc T350
Old 05-04-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68LS1 View Post
Original post lost

With the 70 Camaro project now progressing, I was considering attending SEMA this year for interior ideas, products and such. This would be first visit to SEMA (but not LV )

I'm looking for suggestions from experienced SEMA folk on what to do while there, and what other car events are on following SEMA.

Ideas on how to source an admittance ticket.

Those here on Lat-G who will be attending, as I would like to catch up with as many as possible (will there be a Lat=G get together again?).

From the previous post I believe there is an Optima Challenge in LV on the Saturday which is a must do.
Also there is a Goodguys event in Scottsdale the following weekend?

Any info appreciated
You might want to give my buddy John Smith @ Pro Steer Down Under in Highett a ring. John attends SEMA every year as do other Aussies that John knows. The Optima Challenge is at Spring Mountain Motorsports Park in Parumph is about 40 miles West of downtown.....great event!