Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-15-2017, 07:24 AM

Default Factory gages with LS-1 engine, ?

Good morning all, I have installed an LS-1 GTO engine into a 69 Firebird. What do I need to do to get oil pressure and temperature to read properly on my original dash gauges (non-idiot lights), these are gages, not light's. I see a flush plug in the one cylinder head water jacket, assuming I can remove and install a NPT to metric bushing and then install an original temperature sending unit, does anyone produce this conversion bushing ? As for oil pressure, I was thinking maybe machine up a "Tee" and install a sender right next to the LS one, get a pressure reading side by side on the same fitting (Tee). Does someone offer this Tee, or another solution to accomplish the same thing. The original LS engine harness has been converted to a stand alone system by Speartech and the computer has been reflashed to run as well, also by Speartech, I am just trying to have my factory gages work too. These two are the last in my list to accomplish in the dash, if you can offer any advice please do so. Thank You very much.

Tim john---
Old 01-15-2017, 08:24 AM

No need to retain the factory oil pressure sender it serves no purpose. You can get an adaptor to install your sender on eBay.

You can install a temp sender adaptor on the passenger head. Adaptors are also on eBay.

Don
Old 01-15-2017, 08:27 AM

Don, are you saying that the computer does not need or require a signal from either one to function properly ? As far as I know the computer is set up to operate the fans so I assume the LS temp sensor needs to be operable. Please advise and if you have a part number or link to the fittings I need it would surely be appreciated. This would sure make life easier. Thank You

Tim john---

Last edited by Tim john---; 01-15-2017 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim john--- View Post
Don, are you saying that the computer does not need or require a signal from either one to function properly ? As far as I know the computer is set up to operate the fans so I assume the LS temp sensor needs to be operable. Please advise and if you have a part number or link to the fittings I need it would surely be appreciated. This would sure make life easier. Thank You

Tim john---
Oil sender is not needed. I am saying add a second temp sender in the passenger head. If your LS temp sender is in the passenger head then install the second in the driver head.

A simple eBay search for LS oil adaptor and LS temperature adaptor will get you what you need.

Don

Last edited by dhutton; 01-15-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:52 AM

Thank you for the clarification. This is great news.

Tim