Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 AM

Default ? about getting work done with insurance companies

on the 26th of last month a girl rearended me going about 35-40 MPH at a 4 way stop. Her insurance is Progressive. At first they were cool and told me yes we will get your truck fixed and make you happy. Now they are cutting corners in everyway they can.

My truck is on 03' Silverado Z71. The girl was driving a grand prix that hit me.

I took my truck over and dropped it off with a bodyshop that I like and progressive already seemed aggrivated by that since it wasn't one of their recommeneded shops. I know their work and that is who I wanted to work on my truck. The girl hit more on the left side of the bumber and pushed the bumper into the bed at the bottom and also put 2 large dents at the top part of the bed from impact. Like crushing a can efffect. The other side of the bed had a very small but noticeable dent from impact at the top near the front of the truck. Progressive said they didn't want the bed to be re-skinned, just bondo'd, pulled and fixed.

Before the wreck occured I one time jack knifed a small 4 wheeler trailer and pinched the fender. I took it to my local bodyshop and had them spray 4 fender flares for me that I bought and that covered the pinch from the trailer accident, you never could even tell it happened. After I had the fender flares put on, this summer at school someone grazed my fender flare and tore it almost off, but I went ahead and took it off. They didn't tear up the bed at all when they grazed it, just cracked the plastic flare. They are saying the warped dent near the cab at the top was from the accident with the trailer. Bullcrap!

They also want to throw on some cheap aftermarket bumper. My truck was a factory GM truck and I want factory parts put back on it.

What can I do? I wasn't even at fault and I don't have the $ to fix the other side of the bed being in school full time. My wife and I are getting by but just barely with all the loans and other crap and now they are saying that they won't fix what they messed up and they want to replace the parts with aftermarket. This was my first new vehicle, I love the truck it was exactly what I wanted and when I got out of school I sold my dodge and some cattle and bought this truck to get me through school ect.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know. I want Progressive to do me right. I already told the insurance lady that the fender flare was on me. I told the bodyshop that I already ordered a new one and that I wanted them to bill me for painting the flare. I wasn't trying to claim something that wasn't there. This crap isn't fare. before the accident pic

Last edited by almcbri; 04-06-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Have you talked to your insurance provider? He/she should have a lot of ideas on what you can do.

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 PM

yeah, I spoke with her. She said I can file it under my insurance and meet the deductable.

That is ok, but there is a chance of having my rates raised. I have been battling these people and today I really had it out with them. Progressive plays games for sure, but hey I am up for any game. My issue is getting these people to fix what their party messed up. To me that is not a lot to ask, and they not only want to fight about not fixing stuff, but the stuff they want to fix they want to argue about and approach it with a glob of bondo and a paint pen.

I didn't cause the wreck and I am not only in a great deal of lower back pain, but having to pay for one side of my bed to get fixed that their driver created. Progressive Insurance is nothing but a bunch of crooks. I understand they are running a business and have to be firm, but being fair and doing things morally correct must not be in their code of ethics.

I think I am going to relax and hopefully my Wednesday's lottery ticket will be a winner
Old 04-06-2009, 04:43 PM

If you go through your insurance since she was at fault they should wave the deductible and your rates shouldn't go up (it was her fault not yours). I personally have found you have a lot less leyway when dealing with your insurance vs the at fault persons they seem to drag their feet more.

If you haven't already you might try speaking to a Supervisor at Progressive first. If that gets you now where. some states have Insurance arbitration or Ombudsman that you can take your issues to. Contact your state insurance commission and see what your options are.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:43 AM

as a recomended repair shop for most major insurance carriers . i can say this , the bumper that is a aftermarket bumper carries a warranty of " lifetime " vs a factory bumper of " 1 year ".
2nd point is that if the bedside is repairable thats what you want vs another bedside , because most insurance companys will put used bedside on the truck . a factory bedside repaired still has the ecoat on the inside and when you change a bedside you cut the old one off and reweld the bedside .that will open a great chance of rust , because you cannot re-ecoat inside where you cannot reach .

it also sounds like the truck is " pre-damaged " " missing flares " . 99% of people who we fix there car never " really look " at there cars before the accident .

i am not on the insurance companys side , just a collision repair shop .
Old 04-07-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
as a recomended repair shop for most major insurance carriers . i can say this , the bumper that is a aftermarket bumper carries a warranty of " lifetime " vs a factory bumper of " 1 year ".
2nd point is that if the bedside is repairable thats what you want vs another bedside , because most insurance companys will put used bedside on the truck . a factory bedside repaired still has the ecoat on the inside and when you change a bedside you cut the old one off and reweld the bedside .that will open a great chance of rust , because you cannot re-ecoat inside where you cannot reach .

it also sounds like the truck is " pre-damaged " " missing flares " . 99% of people who we fix there car never " really look " at there cars before the accident .

i am not on the insurance companys side , just a collision repair shop .
Kenny,

I am sure most people don't look at there cars, but I hand wash this truck once a week and know where every rock chip and the 1 door ding is. As soon as I jumped out of the truck I spotted the dents. I know my case can be difficult having pre-existing damage to the part under the flare. I told them from the get go that it was there. I hope to see them fix what their party damaged, but they probably won't. I am not a crook, and I don't expect them to fix pre-existing stuff, but I do expect people to treat me fair.
Progressive is famous for this kind is stuff. A cheap mans insurance, I don't expect much.